cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to skip or edit scn (system change number) for brarchive

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have searched for procedures but didnt find any accurate solution. I wanted to skip the scn or the system change number for my brarchive. I have manually transported my files in the DR site because of seems to be FTP problems. I have to skip those redologs which i have already transfered. How am i suppose to do these? I'm looking forward to a textfile or control file wherein i could edit the number of the next redolog to process or sql commands or something?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what exactly your problem is.

But I think: No need to do anything.

Just start brarchive as usual.

If the redologs aren't there any more, you will get a warning. Ignore this warning.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So i dont have to worry if I skip certain redologs? will the script still go on with the next? Sorry if I still ask this question even if I can actually try it. But i'm currently in a place where I can't access it.

Thanks for your answer, i'll try it.

Edited by: karshbax on Jan 5, 2011 6:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not sure what exactly your problem is.

You transferred redologs; are they still available in their original oraarch location?

If no : See my answer above. Did that many times myself.

If yes : Log files will be copied by brarchive as always. Make sure that no harm will be done if they are overwritten at a place where they already exist, and where they maybe currently are processed by another program!

regards

Answers (0)