Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Date Characteristic

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a question regarding batch determination for a pharmaceutical product. I have 2 characteristics which are PH value and Specific gravity .Consider the following 2 examples:

1. I have 3 Batches of material M1000 as B1000 dated 01/12/2010, B2000 dated 10/12/2010 and B3000 dated 20/12/2010. Now I want the system to automatically take/consume the batches on FIFO basis i.e. when the customer places an order for 1000 Kg of M1000 the system should automatically consume from Batch No. B1000 and not from other batches after that as this batch has been received into the store first.

2. Since the Characteristics ( the PH value and the Specific Gravity) of the material change from batch to batch, the price also changes accordingly. There could however be only 3 PH value's like >7, =7 and <7 and 3 Specific Gravities like 1.15,1.2 and 1.25. How do I configure pricing for this.

Kindly give your Inputs for the above points.

Thanks and Regards,

J Nagesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear M.Murthy

Is your query regarding the "Batch determination Strategy" maintainence or pricing to this case?

Regarding the former,as you may be knowing, we can maintain the strategy at plant level.

Batch determination rule,can be manintained in the material master.

Regarding Pricing, can you pls make your requirement clear?

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr Sumanth,

My questions are very simple :

1. What settings are to be done for the batch determination to happen on FIFO basis?

2. My price varies as per the characteristics of the batch. How do I configure this?

Thanks,

J Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murthy

To achieve Batch Determination with LIF0 & FIFO rule you have to complete following steps:

1) Define Batch Search Strategy :- Here you can find five different areas for which you can define the Batch search Strategy.

SPRO (Logistic General --- Batch Management -

Batch Determination And Batch Check Batch Search Procedure).

2) Define Batch Search Procedure:- Here you have to assign your Batch Search Strategy to this Batch Search Procedure.

e: SPRO (Logistic General --- Batch Management -

Batch Determination And Batch Check Batch Search Procedure).

3) Batch Search Procedure and Allocation Check :-

OMCG (For Inventory purpose Transactions)

You have to assign batch Search Procedure to the different Movement types.

In case of Production / Process orders you have to assign your batch search Procedures to Production scheduling profile.

Transaction codes are OPL8 or CORC or COR4.

4) Now create Sort rule :-

Transaction Code is CU70

As per your requirement of FIFO or LIFO rule you have to assign related Characteristic (LOBM_HSDT , LOBM_VFDT etc.)

For FIFO purpose you have to assign characteristic with Ascending Rule and for LIFO assign in Descending.

5) Now Create Batch search Strategy:-

Transaction Code MBC1 (For inventory)

Transaction Code COB1 (For Production/Process order)

Here you have to assign your earlier created Sort rule with reference to material / material types / Movement types / Production material type /Plant and Batch class which you have maintain in the material Master.

If you want to select the batch in FIFO criteria that is first in first out i.e. the batches that are received first will be selected, then

- You have to create a characteristic for last Goods receipt date with table name MCH1 & field LWEDT

- Assign this to class

- Create sort sequence with ascending order CU70

- Then create batch search strategy in MBC1 transaction if you want batch determination in production order

- Give the sort rule there

- Give the no. of batch splits as much as you want or just keep 999, give the batch selection criteria if u want or just give the indicator for no selection criteria

- Then try doing the batch determination & check if you are getting what you want

Similarly If you want to select the batch in LIFO criteria that is last in first out i.e. the batches that are received last will be selected, then

- You have to again create a characteristic for last Goods receipt date with table name MCH1 & field LWEDT

- Assign this to class.

- Create sort sequence with descending order CU70

- Then create batch search strategy in MBC1 transaction if you want batch determination in production order.

- Give the sort rule there.

- Give the no. of batch splits as much as you want or just keep 999 , give the batch selection criteria if u want or just give the indicator for no selection criteria.

- Then try doing the batch determination & check if you are getting what you want.

Hope the above helps......

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM