cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL launching problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We have a problem with our portal in PRD but not in DEV and QA.

If a manager try to open work item for one application from Portal UWL . she/he got a page as SAP GUI on HTML with title "workflow: Execute Operation on Work Item" and with message "Close Window".

But in the portal QA it is working and opening a java webdynpro page and portal Dev as well.

I checked the link in portal PRD & QA and i noticed some diffrents .

In portal PRD link . it has more parameters like "TCode=SWNWIEX&UseSPO1=false&AutoStart=true&DynamicParameter=p_nosecm%3DX%26p_action%3DEXECUTE%26"

This is link from QA which it is working without problem:

http://XXXXX:51000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/Navigate/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.s...; WebDynproDeployableObject=sparo.com.sa%2Flvt%7Emgr%7Eleavisa&WebDynproApplication=projApp&DynamicParameter=wi_id%3D000002252923&CurrentWindowId=WID1294137113349&NavMode=1

and this is a link in PRD which has problem:

http://XXXX/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/Navigate/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sparo.F_...

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain ,

There are a few things to check. Cross reference your connectors in the Universal Worklist UI. What I mean by this is check on the QA/Test system the connectors, by going to system admin; system config; Universal Worklist and workflow, Universal Worklist administration. Here click on a connector and click edit. Is the Web Dynpro Launch system parameter the same between dev/test & Prod for each of your connectors? If not, then this is probably the reason why you are seeing the issue. This parameter for Web Dynpro Launch system is the pointer to tell the UWL where the webdynpro resides. Please check this as I think this may be the reason why you are seeing this. Or, it could also be that the end user is clicking on launch in SAP Gui, in which case the workitem will launch the way that you have mentioned. Is the user clicking the link directly or clicking on the launch in sap gui link?

Best Regards,

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant

AGS Primary Support, Business Suite & Technology

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***

manish_mohan3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Hussain,

Was this issue resolved for you?

Thank you,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

I would also like to know if the suggestions resolved your problem?

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely you guys are missing the UWL configuration files in the system - just like Shanti mentioned. Another possible scenario is that you haven't registered the UWL connectors. If you are not able to solve your problems, create new threads - this thread is quite old already.

Regards,

Karri

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Jul 29, 2011 2:46 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I noticed other thing .

Other workflow links in the WUL for other application have parameter "System=PE" .

But in that application which has a problem the system value is different than them as the following "System=SAP_MPS1_UWL"

How can i change system value in the portal?

How can i let the application work from webdynpro not SAP GUI?

Regards,

Edited by: Hussain K. Al-Wasly on Jan 5, 2011 8:39 AM

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The corresponding UWL configuration is missing in your production system for that given UWL item type.

Please make sure you have transported your UWL configuration changes to production environment

If you have done the configuration using SWFVISU transaction - please transport your changes to production system and re-register the UWL system in your portal.

If you have done the configuration using XML configuration files - make sure the corresponding UWL XML configuration files are moved to your production system.

Also, you can turn on the UWL support information in your Prod system and your QA system and have a look at which configuration files are being used in each case.

Thanks,

Shanti