cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Installation on SQL Server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to install Netweaver trial version with SQL Server 2005. Please tell me if such a trial version exists?

Because there is a version of Netweaver trial and i don't think it's specifically for SQL Server 2005.

I have the SQL4SAP.vbs with me. Are there any specific installation steps to be followed?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to install Netweaver trial version with SQL Server 2005. Please tell me if such a trial version exists?

No.

Microsoft does not offer a license for that - so SAP can't deliver an installation kit without a valid license.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Markus.

I know Microsoft would not give out the trial. Also I have the SQL server part with me.

I just wanted to know if there's a Netweaver trial version available that can be installed (with the SQL that I already have).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If MSSQL Server already exists, then SQL4SAP script should work just fine.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikrishnan, but SQL4SAP script is to install the SQL from scratch. So you don't need to have a MSSQL instance initially.

My question was: I have run SQL4SAP and my SQL server is up -- no probs with that.

Now, is there a Netweaver or related SAP trial that I can install and use MSSQL as my as my database as opposed any other that comes with the SAP install.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the trial version includes trial license only for SAP related products, MSSQL might not be covered in the downloads available on SDN.

The SAP Installation program itself is specific to the DB being used for system installation. Hence it is not possible to have a SAPInst trial program to work with MSSQL without a trial license from Microsoft(which is not available)

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the clarification, Srikrishnan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the following forum for Systems installations questions:

[|]

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende