cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC not creating loc/prod in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our system we have a custom program to create location products from legacy system into APO system. This is basically using a BDC to do so. But it is not creating for some randomn loc/prods. BDC mode used here is call transaction in N mode.

When we used A mode then it created loc/prods as expected. Can somebody suggest the root cause. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I would suggest not to use BDC for this kind of situation.Try to use standard BAPI available BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 to create products in APO.Similarly you can BAPI_LOCSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 to create locations in APO.

Sometimes, BDC will not work in backgorund but BAPI will always work.

Documentation is available for this BAPI which you can refer before using it and for external COMMIT you can use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT BAPI after the above one.

I hope, I answered your query.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Code used for this is

call transaction '/SAPAPO/MAT1' using i_bdctab mode 'N'

Now can you please let me know if we need a COMMIT statement after this???

Thanks,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Using COMMIT statement in an adhoc manner and creating master data like Products through BDC is generally not recommended. Using BADIs/ Std FMs to create Products in APO would be a better approach in my opinion.

Regarding your issue where BDC is running in N mode and not running in A mode, try processing the SHDB recording in the foreground and see if you get any error.

Again to reiterate, I'm not sure a BDC and a database commit is a good way to go about this.

~Rishi