Did you mean: 

Error generated while transporting a request using TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Techies,

While transporting a request iam getting an error message

"Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247"

Errors: add to buffer has problems with data- and/or cofile

Iam not getting any information to resolve the problem. Further In devlopment system iam unable to see the old requests and also new one whcih i have created and released. I tried adding the request manually in TMS, whcih resulted in the above mentioned error.Please suggest some solution

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to see the data & cofiles from os level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

thanks for your reply.

iam working on windows 2003 platform. Iam able to see both co files and data files at OS level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error may also come due to file permission issue.

Even if your datafile/cofile is present at OS level, if it doesnt have correct permissions, your system cannot access the same.

Please check and give your datafile and cofile correct permissions and retry.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Please goto transaction SE01 in development system. Enter the request no and check the log and paste the log here.

I think you are facing the problem during import in quality system. Can you please let us know is your QA system is also WIN platform. Are you using common/shared TRANS directory (<Drive>:\usr\sap\trans). If it is shared drive please check the permission also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Mrinal,

I have checked the log, it is giving that there are no logs.

And my Quality system is also in windows environment.

I am using a common/shared directory for whcih it is having full control access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you able see the objects when you are expanding the request/task

Also please check the followings & let us know the result

1. Goto transaction STMS. Menu verview -> Systems. Select system and Menu Check --> All available option

2. Goto transaction STMS. Menu verview -> Transport Routes, Menu Configuration --> Check --> All option

One more thing are you facing this problem with only for one specific request or for all requests

Edited by: Mrinal Das on Jan 5, 2011 3:10 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

I would suggest doing a transport of copies and release the transport and import it into QA Just to isolate that it is not a data filecorrupt issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you please go to t-code "SE01" type request no.. than try to release again.

Thanks,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this problem is occurs if your request is not released properly or you need to retransport the request by using:

login to sidadm or su - sidadm then

tp addtobuffer <Transport Request> <SID> pf=TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

Then

tp import <Transport Request> <SID> client=### pf=TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

Regards,

Kiron.