cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the characteristics of a Batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have maintained a batch sort sequence based on Batch Manufacturing date.

But now customer wants the batch to be sorted out based on Batch Number.

How to change the Characteristics from Batch Manufacturing date and Batch Number?

Please do suggest.

For example, we have two characteristics assigned to the Class One is Manufacturing date and another is Batch Number.

How system will sort out a batch based on these two logic.

Kindly explain.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the batch characteristics value in tcode MSC2N.

You can give the material number, plant and batch numebr in the screen.

Once u go inside, there you can change all the details you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha Krishnan,

Sorry for the wrong phrased question.

My doubt is, I have a characteristics in a class and sort sequence, that particular characteristics needs to be removed and a new characteristics to be added.

How to do the same and what will be impact if we remove the existing characteristics from the class and sort sequence.

Regards,

Mullairaja

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can remove or add characteristics of a class in CL02.

Regarding the implications, we can say the implications only after seeing and verifying if there are any dependencies linked to characteristics or classes and so on. So you have to some exploratory work on teh characteristics and their where used list and then if it is not used anywhere , the characteristics can eb deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha Krishnan,

You mean to say, I need to find out if any open Sales orders, Deliveries and Billing.

If any open documents are there, that needs to be closed.

Is my understanding correct.

Regards,

Mullairaja

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mullai,

I hope you know what do you mean by "Dependencies" in variant configuration. These are created for automatic update of characteristic values. If you want to delete the characteristic from the class, please do teh following.

1. Find out that there are any dependencies assigned to this characteristic. If so remove the assignment

2. Then you have to check if this characteristic is used in any dependency in the code. If so, find the implications of the same.

In case, you dont know what is dependency, may be they are not used in your project. In this case, you can just remove the characteristic from the class.

It has got one effect.

At present, a configured batch will have this characteristic. If you go to the batch master in change mode, then the old classification will be replaced by the new classification. So the deleted characteristics will not be available to you anymore. I hope that is fine with you. If this is fine, then you dont need to worry about removing the characteristic from the class.