Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability check for delivery item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could anybody clarify my doubt

In availability check configuration settings steps, we need to determine av check for dely item category.

My question is why do we switch of or on availability check for items in delivery, Since any way we do av check in sales order and block requirements also, why should we do again av check for items to be delivery. Exactly what is the use of this configuration step in availability check

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much to clarifying my doubt. Rewarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Prasad

When we create a delivery, an Av.Chk is initiated for the picking date.This check is carried out, along the same lines as in the sales order.

It makes sense to carry out an Av Chk in the delivery,for the following reasons. If we do NOT carry out an Av.Chk for a particular material in the sales order,we should defenitely check whether the order quantity is available & can be delivered, when we create the delivery.

Even, if we have checked the availibility situation in the order, it makes sense to check it once again in the delivery.

The AV.Chk is calculated by using planned inward & outward movements of goods.Therefore the delivery situation might have changed in the meantime due to unforseen circumstances, such as lost output.

The Av.Chk in the delivery takes any such changes into account.

Hope, I made it clear to you Mr.Prasad.

Anything in SD & MM, pls feel free to ask me.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krish,

availability check possible doth in sales order and delivery document

the reason is

some clients directly creates delivery with out sales order, if that is the case we will use atp check in delivery document level also

hope u understand

regards!

nag..........