cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Webdynpro Development - Script Error when Accessing Visual Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am encountering a strange error at my client . I can't use the Abap Webdynpro visual elements to build views .

To reproduce the error :

- T-code SE80

- Open up any ABAP webdynpro component .

- Open up one of the view and go on Tab Layout .

Normal Screen : You would see many WYSIWYG items ( buttons, radiobutton , text elements etcu2026. ) at the left side u2026 these elements are used to build the view .

Here : No elements displayed and when we click on that area we get an error .

Instead of the elements to get displayed .. lines are displayed and when you try to open up ( click ) the lines , an internet explorer script error stating the following occurs ( although the abap wendynpro is edited in SAP Gui ) :

An Error has occured in the script on this page .

Line : 1

Char : 25

Error : Object Required

Code: 0

URL : http://hdrerpdev05.bchydro.bc.ca:8100/sap/bc/wdvd/toolbar.html?_vdrespkey=4KE8FGJO3P88DO8K5XCEYHTEA&...

Anybody had had the same kind of error before ^^????

Thanks and Best Regards !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are few things i want to ask you.

have this ever worked in this client place ? or

are you setting this up first time.

If it is first time then i advice you activate services required for running webdynpro.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/content.htm]

see this note if your browsers have any limitations specified in this note

Note 1098009 - Limitations for Web Dynpro ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthivel !

Thanks for these information ...

I have checked in detail the ICF nodes required and they are all activated .

We are running on Internet Explorer 6 and I have checked internet explorer 7 as well same behavior , same errors .

Best Regards !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see these notes 1009930 and 1008689

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have checked notes :

1009930 and 979039 as well as 1008689 . These have not resolved the issue !

Best Regards !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then i would suggest to raise a OSS ticket with SAP.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same problem ........

the solution is

but I have deactive /sap/bc/webdynpro

and again active it,

and then log out from the SAPGUI, and again log in.

it works with me,

thank you very much 

Former Member
0 Kudos

check previous comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All !

Just to give you a heads up on the way we solved it here !

Indeed SAP has a domain : WDY_MD_UI_ELEMENT_CATEGORY used for the ui element which is supposed to contain some values by default .

To solve the issue you need to edit SAP domain ; which requires an access key (because it s an SAP object) and you will add the following under value ranges :

00 none

01 text

02 action

03 selection

04 complex

05 layout

06 graphic

07 integration

08 toolbar

09 menu

and Voila !!!!

Hope this will help !

Regards !

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting as we have similiar issue here. I created a note with SAP since early Dec, and it's yet to be resolved. If you keep clicking 'No ' on a bunch of pop-up error message, you'll be able to continue. However, it's really annoying.

SAP suggested to delete duplicate MIME files, delete server cache and none seem to fix the problem . I'm still working with SAP on this issue. Will let you know if/when our will ever be fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the followup

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's finally working for us. Please delete out all duplicate MIME files under SAP - BC - WebDynpro - SAP - Public - ViewDesigner (keep the newest one, i.e. one with latest date). Once done, ask your BASIS team to delete server cache from the system.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are getting the some what related errors in SE80 -> Web Dynpro Layout

Line : 1
Char : 1
Error : Object Expected
URL : http://<FQDN>:8000/sap/bc/wdvd/painting.html?_vdrespkey=4KZ4LYLFQA2I7X53H3CRICKFC&_vdframe=painting&sap-client=230

Line : 110
Char : 2
Error : Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101
URL : http://<FQDN>:8000/sap/bc/wdvd?_vdrespkey=4KZ4LYLFQA2I7X53H3CRICKFC&_vdframe=no_add_ui_lib&sap-client=230

Recently, we have upgraded our ERP system (SAP ECC 6.0 SPS17) with EHP4 SPS8. SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA patch level same on 701_0008.

FQDN is mantianed at icm/host_name_full parameter in system as well as in /etc/hosts file with associated system IP address.

As suggested by Ted Dinh, we do not find any duplicate MIME files in our MIME Repository (SE80) and we cleared/invalidated ICM cache many times in problem analysis.

As suggested by Thierno Diarra , in our affected system domain WDY_MD_UI_ELEMENT_CATEGORY is well maintained in value ranges.

We have raised SAP OSS Message for the same, they told us to check dns server connectivity/settings with the affected system. we did the suggested DNS settings in affected system. But still the same error message is occuring. They have suggested same sap notes like #979039 and #1009930 & #1483210 , but all the corrections/suggections/SICF service status as mentioned, are found OK in our system.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if you have ''controls_ie5.js' MIME file in your system.. Aside from duplicate MIME files, we somehow also miss this file in our Dev system. This also causes the error to pop-up.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the affected system , file controls_ie5.js exists and it is located at SAP -> BC -> WebDynpro -> SAP -> PUBLIC -> BC -> ViewDesigner.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff