cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record and Playback troubleshoot

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to recording script via SAP GUI but I know there is a way that after you have recorded a script and saved it, you can playback and select the play button and choose a script from a pop history directly under the play button; you dont have to select play and chose a script from an open folder window... anyone know how to enable this feature? I've tried everything...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_brutigam2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there.

Did you enable Scripting ?

Precisly did you Check that Scripting is allowed to "join" SAP ?

In normal case you can Drag n Drop the Script from any Explorer Window to the SAP-GUI

Then a Popup opens and Rqsts if the Script is allowed to connect to SAP-

If this Window does not open Check the Script Settings in your Options ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your response.

I know that is a way you can initiate the script to run, but what I was referring to is once I've created a script and want to play it, I would select the play button and a pop-up window opens to browse for the script in my folders. I know there is a way that instead of having to search for them, I should be able to click on the play button and a drop-down will come up beneath the play button and I can quickly select a commonly used script instead of having to go out and search for it via the open folder window... does this make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The record/playback dialog does not provide a frequently used items list.

Suggestion, why don't you just save all of your scripts to the same folder?

You can run them by double clicking on them as well as dragging/dropping them.