cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Find the version of Oracle Instant Client in SAP

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a newbie in SAP with oracle. I have planned to upgrade the Oracle Instant Client Version in our systems.

The following is our system specificatiosn:

SAP : ECC6.0

Database : Oracle 10204

I have the following observations with respect to finding the version of the Oracle Instant client in SAP.

a) As per the SAP note : 819829, the version of the Oracle client can be found using the command "genezi-v" under the path

genezi -v

Client Shared Library 64-bit - 10.2.0.4.0

System name: HP-UX

Release: B.11.23

Version: U

Machine: ia64

b) From the SAPGUI, I have found the version of the DB Client library as OCI_102 (10.2.0.1.0).

Following are my queries:

1) Which of the above methods can be considered to find the correct version of Oracle Instant client in SAP?

2) If the method b gives the correrct version --> Where does this value is picked up from OS level?

with regards,

Arul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arul,

just look at a work process trace file .. you will find a section like this while starting SAP or restarting the work process.

Loading DB library '/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.o' ...
Library '/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.o' loaded
Version of '/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/dboraslib.o' is "700.08", patchlevel (0.110)
Got LIBPATH=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run:/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run:/opt/kerberos/lib:/oracle/client/10x_64/i
Oracle Client Version: '10.2.0.4.0', (dbsl 701 140910)

There you can find the actual used client version ... also SAP delivers a file called SAPIC_README in the oracle client directory, which gives you information about the client version and its applied patches.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other possibilities:

SAPGui -> Menu -> System -> Status -> Arrow button on the bottom

sidadm> genezi -v
Client Shared Library 64-bit - 10.2.0.4.0

Cheers Michael

Edit: should have read your post more thorougly, sorry i didn't want to repeat what you already knew. But you have to run the genezi command as sidadm, because the orasid user will use the client library from $ORACLE_HOME

Edited by: mho on Jan 5, 2011 10:09 AM