Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC for Risk Terminator

oren_harlap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to configure the RFC for Risk Terminator in the backend (R/3 ECC 6.04) of our GRC system.

The backend is an ABAP system (ECC 6.04) which has two instances running on two different servers.

The GRC (NW 7.0 Java stack only with GRC 5.3) is installed on a different server.

In the RFC I checked the "Registered Server Program" button and I specified GRCRTTOCC5X as the program ID. When trying to test the connection I get an error message : Program GRCRTTOCC5X not registered.

I tried to register the program at OS level with rfcexec (rfcexec u2013a GRCRTTOCC5X u2013g server1 u2013x sapgw00) but it didn't solve the problem.

The program name is the same one as in the connector defined in the RAR connector customization.

I have a few questions:

Do I have to register the program in the ABAP server (where the ECC is installed) or in the JAVA server (where the GRC is installed)?

Do I have to specify the gateway options in the RFC?

Do I have to do anything else if my ECC system is an MSCS system?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Oren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

oren_harlap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

I couldn't find where in the installation guide it said to register the program in the Visual Admin but without registering it, the RFC on the ABAP side fails in the comminication test with the error "Program not registered".

You have to go to the VA -> Server -> Services -> JCo RFC Provider.

1.Create a new JCo.

2.In the Program ID field enter the Program ID that you entered in the RFC and in the RAR configuration (GRCRTTOCC5X in your case). You have to make sure that you use the same Program ID/Report Name in this JCo, in the ABAP RFC (CCRISKANALYSIS in your case) and in the RAR Connector (which I think you did wrong when you entered the name of the RFC instead of the name of the Program ID).

3.Fill in the gateway host & Service of your ABAP backend.

4. Chose radio button "Specific Application Server" and fill in all necessary details including a username and password of a user in the ABAP backend system.

5. Save.

6. Now test the RFC in SM59.

For me, the RFC works fine but I still get an error when I activate RT and try to assign a role to a user or change a role in PFCG. I found in one note that this is a bug fixed in a later version but I still haven't upgraded my GRC.

In some forum threads it said that in earlier releases the name of the RFC and the Program ID must not contain the same letters, but I think this does not apply to GRC 5.3.

Hope this helps in some way,

Oren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oren,

thanks for your reply ! I still had some issues, but I managed to register the program and the RFC test in SM59 worked.

Kind regards,

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got the same type of problem I think. However, the note 1145048 ist not available to me.

I did the following:

- I have configured RFC destination CCRISKANALYSIS with ProgramID GRCRTTOCC5X on the standard gateway (ABAP Stack)

- I set up the connector to my ERP system with report name CCRISKANALYSIS and outbound marked on the Java Stack

- I activated the SAP-Adapter (green)

However, I still get the error which tells me that there is an error while opening an RFC destination when I try to generate a profile in PFCG.

Did I miss something ? I didn't find any documentation which says I need to register CCRISKANALYSIS on Java Stack via Visual Admin.

Kind regards,

Max

oren_harlap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

Thanks. I checked the VA and found out that I have already configured the JCo but with the program ID there did not match the one in the RFC.

Now that I have the correct program there, the RFC works fine but when risk terminator is activated, I get the following error message when I add or remove a role using SU01:

SAP Adapter has a problem, SOD violations will not be checked!!!

Please check with your system Administrator.

Technical Info:

Bean VIRSA/RT_JAVA_RISK_ANALYSIS not found on host sapxxx, Progid=ABCDE12345

In fact, each action in the ABAP backend (RT or FF) which uses this RFC, ends with this error message, although the Bean is different. For example, if I want to use the report /VIRSA/ZVFAT_V02 for critical TX's I get the same message for Bean VIRSA/FF_WEBSERVICE_CALL.

Best Regards,

Oren

Former Member
0 Kudos

First try re-starting system (GRC), if still issue is not resolved, refer to SAP note 1145048.

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here are the answers :

Do I have to register the program in the ABAP server (where the ECC is installed) or in the JAVA server (where the GRC is installed)?

=> Yes ,you need to register programe on java side ,under visual admin -jco rfc provider

-

Do I have to specify the gateway options in the RFC?

=> Yes ,you need to enter gateway information which can be found from t code RSGWLST

Do I have to do anything else if my ECC system is an MSCS system?

=> I dont think so .

Kindly check following notes for trouble shooting RT issues

Best Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oren,

Are your adaptors working in RAR? Are you follwing the instructions from the config guide?

Thanks,

Chinmaya

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Jan 4, 2011 7:35 PM

oren_harlap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

Yes they are. I can run report in RAR and can see in RAR all the users from the ECC backend system with their authorizations, violations etc.

Best Regards,

Oren