Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing smartform through spool - preview with boxes, print output without

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellows,

Situation:

I have custom report, which prints custom smartform. Everything works well, but customer basis had implemented some supporstack packages and now the preview of smartform is still ok with frame boxes of windows elements, but when user click on print button, then the print output (hardcopy, or pdf) is without these boxes. Printing is made through LOCL device and spool.

Propositions:

I am just developer and from my point of view, problem is not in smartform or report, but in some basis settings. This is not my field so I need advice, what should I do (check)... ?

Is there same SAP note for these kind of issues?

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I change the printer setting and in program use this new setting. Then it works well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information

In SPAD transaaction I changed for LOCL device hostpooll assignment from F: FRONT-END PRINTING to G: FRONT-END PRINTING WITH CONTROLS.

When report call SMARTFORM, sends also control parameters and with these setting print all BOXEs.

But customer wants this setting on F, not for G because of other forms.

Why my report works before well and after basis update not?

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be the problem described in SAP note 77976. It is possible that in your form boxes can overlap. With SAPWIN, boxes are not transparent.

When outputting boxes e.g. by the BOX command, you must issue the largest box first followed by the next largest etc until the smallest.

Regards,

Aidan