cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA of Business Object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a doubt, is it possible generate an EWA of my Business Object 3.1 SP3? How can do it?

I connect my BO to a CA Wily and work fine, but, i don´t know how can link to my Solution Manager?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible,

I am right now trying to perform the same, but without succes by the moment.

First of all you need to add your BO to system landscape inSolution Manager following document attached to not e1265070

Br,

Virginia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any news???

I create the EWA, but, when i refresh session in sdccn not appear the EWA, why?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

Did you perform te Managed system Setup successfully?

NON-ABAP systems do not understand RFC.

So Java systems and BOE systems write directly to the BI via SMD.

So if SMD has not been set up correctly, then data cannot be written to the BI.

However you should be able to check for the data in the Workload Analysis or via Listcude.

If it is there, it may be the issue is transfering the the Data from the BI to the Service Session.

You can check the BI destination and user which should hav been maintained during setup.

Run SE16 and check table E2E_WA_CONFIG for the entry type SAP_BID_M

Take the value from the string field and check the destination in SM59.

A destination of NONE is valid, but blank or null indicates this has not been defined.

If it is defined you want to test the connection, and the RFC user has the required authorizations.

But between the BOE system and Solution Manager, there will be no RFC connection as Solution Manager Diagnostics (SMD) for non-ABAP systems wrtes directly to the BI and N=no RFC is required.

The issue is likely due to an incomplete or incorrect Managed system setup.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I connect a Java System to my Solution Manager and work fine... i can check the data in the willy without problems; now, i try to connect the BO System, by the SOLMAN_SETUP (same as Java System), but when i create a new EWA, i go to SDCCN and i refresh session, not appear any entry about this EWA, i can check the data in the wily, but not appear the EWA, why? What happend?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

SDCCN only exists on SAP ABAP systems. Business Objects systems are not ABAP systems, in fact most are compiled C.

Have you checked SAP Note 13477901 and 1369712, 1393207 and 1507629 Preparing a BOE system for Service Sessions in Sol. Manager which has attached EGI_SBOP_EWA_Part1.pdf and EGI_SBOP_EWA_Part2.pdf.

These resources should get you going.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a Java System (not-ABAP) i can execute the EWA from the sdccn of the Solution Manager... With the business object, not appear in the sdccn, why?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem!!!!!

when I create a ewa, I go to sdccn transaction and it don't appear the ewa.

any idea?

thanks

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Deasr Victor,

Have you ensured the Managed system setup was done in accordance to the landscape setup guide?

http://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> More guides in media library -> SAP solution manager landscape setup guide.

Before you can generate an EWA, the ssytem must be defined correctly in SMSY, and the above guide will show how the BOBJ system needs to be defined.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

SAP Note 1507629 - Preparing an BOE system for service sessions in Sol. Manager.

Additionally there are two PDF documents attached to this Note that describe how to setup the EWA in Solution Manager.

EGI_SBOP_EWA_part1.pdf and EGI_SBOP_EWA_part2.pdf.

Hope this is helpful to you and solves the issues at hand.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I continue with the same problem, I connect my BO to a CA Wily and work fine, I connect the system BO to my SM, but, when I try to obtain the EWA, appear an error of timeout? Is it necessary create any RFC?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the guide to setup connection for your version BO system to solman , [setup guide|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000703907&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_OBJECT=011000358700000074392009E]

Jansi