cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use PCo agent as data source in MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can I use PCo agent as data source in MII 12.1 version? In following link, I can see how to create the PCo connector, but I am not sure how in 12.1. Is it not possible at all?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco21/helpdata/en/15/764019ac3b45aca57b7ca3ec39e55e/content.htm

You use the same UDC data server settings, but point to the PCo instance/port instead of the UDS server/port.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MII 12.2 introduces a new query type for PCOQuery, but the tag source agents have the legacy mode to support existing TagQuery content that would have been supported by UDS's before.

The nice thing is that you can easily repoint your data server from the UDS to PCo and test your application, and both the UDS and PCo can coexist quite nicely until you're happy that everything works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds foolish but can you guide me how to find the port number on which PCo is running? Thanks.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After opening the Plant Connectivity Management Console (you will need to be on the machine that it is running - either direct or through a form of remote desktop session) you simply select the desired agent from the list and choose the Query Ports tab mentioned by the help documentation link I posted earlier.

Based upon my system it would appear that the default MII port for 12.2+ is 9000, and the Legacy port for MII -12.1 is 9001, but obviously these can be configured to any valid port that is available (similar to the UDS historically defaulting to port 8085).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can I use PCo agent as data source in MII 12.1 version?

If you want to access tags through tag query in SAP MII 12.1 than as per my knowledge it is not possible in MII 12.1 with PCo.

You can use PCo2.1 and SAP MII 12.2 there you will find out one PCO connector in MII 12.2 and you can use tag queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Bilthare