Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Object CPE_SETTIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are on ECC6.0 EHP4.

I have encountered an issue where authorizations are failing for a user with respect to the object CPE_SETTIN (ACTVT 03). Some of the transactions being executed are VA02 / VA03 / VF02 etc. The strange part is that this object is not checked for any of the transactions. No changes were made to the user's profile in the recent past. This is a functionality that stopped working for the user over the last few days.

I am not sure what's wrong here, hoping I can get some inputs.

Thanks,

AJS

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the Auth Object in SU24 and see if its maintained over there. Depending on the values in SU24 for the Auth Object, it will be checked or unchecked

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Any user exit for these transactions was recently changed?

Regards,

Fernando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know that this is an old thread but I did not want to post a new thread for the same issue. I am facing the same exact issue and with authoriazations failing for all users with CPE_SETTING ACTVT 03. We are also in ECC 6.0 and CPE_SETTIN is not to be checked according to SU24. This issue started yesterday afternoon and no changes had been made to the affected users profiles. Any insights ,suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

0 Kudos

CPE_SETTING has many "no check" indicators in SU24, however these are always transaction code context specific.

If the transaction context is lost, then the check is active again (sy-subrc is not set to 0).

You can see this happening in the ST01 trace sometimes (you can also see if the transaction context changes most of the time).

Anyway, just because the check is in the trace or the pestilent SU53 is no reason to grant the authority. The user will not be stopped from using the application because the program react to it by not displaying specific data, but let the use continue based on the authorizations they do have.

Cheers,

Julius