cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is thinking for Data Archiving.. We are using SAP ECC 6.0.

I want to know the whole process of Data Archiving as well as how much time this process will take to complete. Whether this process is having any bad implementations for future performance of SAP.

Waiting for your Valuable inputs.

Regards

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the following link can be very helpful to you.

It also contains links to documents about performance impact of data archiving.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/ef1b00f7-0a01-0010-74ab-e9260e80a441 [original link is broken]|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/ef1b00f7-0a01-0010-74ab-e9260e80a441 [original link is broken]]

Success.

Wim Van den Wyngaert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Wim Van den Wyngaert,

For your valuable inputs... actually i am a functional consultant and the link you have mentioned is talking more about technical side... so very much tough for me to understand the same....

My current company has implemented FICO module and having huge volume of data from 2004 to 2011 its almost for 6 to 7 years..

I need to know generally how much time DATA ARCHIVING process will take?

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Regards to data archiving of FI tables, there are few things that need to be considered.

And also based on countries policies of mantaining the data.

For Financial tables data older than 24 months can be archived.

Or some times data of current plus previous fiscal years can be archived.

This mainly depends on how often you access old data.

Based on these factors you can archive the data.

Also you can avail Data Volume Management service from SAP.

Hope it helps little bit

Regards

Venkat

former_member227281
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know generally how much time DATA ARCHIVING process will take? The answer is depends on how many documents to be archived and how many CPU or cores installed in your production server. Also speed of CPU is also more importance.

As per my experience, it takes 5 minutes to complete data archiving for one document.

It takes three to four hours to complete data archiving for one month documnets i.r. approx 60 documents.

For one year documents i.e. more than 500 documents, this will expect to complete approx 12 hours.

Thanks and Regards

-apr