cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Sessions

0 Kudos

Hi,

I put a break point in WebDynpro application. When I run the application, debugging session is opened on other systems if user id is shared. e.g I logon in R/3 system on two systems i.e Dsk01 & Dsk02 with same user Id. I run the application on Dsk01, and debugging session is opened on Dsk02.

Is there any way by which I can control the debugging session to be opened so that it opens on same system where application is running even after sharing user ID?

Thanks.

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

By two systems, do you mean two appliation servers? The breakpoint will open the debugger only the appliation server where the WDA application is excuting. it can't open the debugger on a different application server otherwise it wouldn't be able to access the session of the remote debugged application. However even if you launch the WDA from SE80 of one application server, there is no guarentee it will exeucte on that application server. Message server load balancing can cause the WDA applciation to actually run on any available application server.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Two systems means, I am talking about two desktops(presentation layer). I opened Webdynpro application on Desktop 1 & put external breakpoint. I logon on to ECC system on desktop 2 with same user ID. Now I run the application on desktop 1 using url or through portal. Now I expect debugging should open on Desktop 1 as I am running application on Desktop 1. But debugging session is opened on desktop 2 as I logged on with same user id on desktop 2 as well.

Thanks.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to activate IP matching in the debugger settings and set your Break-Points again. The Debugger should now open on the correct desktop.

Sincerely,

Stefan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your question begs the further question as to why you are sharing user ids in the first place.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil.

The Break Point u set in Web Dynpro is External Breakpoint...Once delete existing Break Point and Activate the code once and then again put the break point.this should triigger in ur system only..

Thanks,

Naga Prakash