cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import template from InDesign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I want to import an InDesign template (.indt file) into my publication, but nothing happens when i select Import template-->Adobe InDesign. However I'm able to "pull-in" templates created in the Template Tree into my Spreads.

My search for an answer in forums, SAP Notes and Publisher guide ended in vain.

Has anyone of you encountered this error before? If yes, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Swarna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna and Kurt,

Import template is used in conjunction with Publish Sequential and the u2018use templateu2019 check box. Basically, what you did was store a *.indt file for use in the Publish Sequential. Every time you Publish Sequential and have the u2018use templateu2019 check box set then that imported file is used as the starting point for the InDesign document. This is useful if you want pre-existing master page items, colors, styles, etc.

I hope that this clarifies the functionality of the Import InDesign template.

The Indexer workaround is actually not related to this issue.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried the Publish Sequential option with the Use Template option but the Adobe In-Design application hangs and closes abruptly.

I did select an appropriate .indt file using the Import Template option.

Any pointers on this?

Regards

Swarna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like mine is a unique issue

Can somebody who has used publisher tell me, what happens when the user selects Import Template-->Adobe Indesign... option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna

I'm using 7.1.03.53 and i have the same problem as you

We are in the process of updating to either SP05 or SP06 later and hope it will be ok then.

like the problems with Indexer and XML, save family as template error... etc.

have you been able to use the "Edit template in Indesign" and then been able to see the template applied after export of spread to Indesign?

I can't use either of the features as nothing happens when i try to apply.

I know that you cant see the template in Publisher as its hidden and applied during spread export to Indesign.

/Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kurt

I'm on SPO5. So I guess this error isnt linked only to SP03.

I have the issue with Indexer also. However I'm using the workaround suggested in this

[thread|]

After using the option Import Template, I did try publishing the publication in In-Design to see if the template has been applied, but it was not.

When i use Edit Template option, i'm able to edit a .indt file and save it. But whats the use of that when i'm unable to apply the template

I think anyone from SAP wil be able to answer our questions.

Regards

Swarna