Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of the dual-control principle for results recording

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to build scenario based on Dual Control principle for result recording:

A result that has been recorded by one user must be processed by at least one other user for valuation and closing.

This functionality is avaialble from EHP4 for ECC 6 onwards and involves BADI. But I am not sure from where to start and steps to be followed. If anyone knows about same then any input about building this scenario is welcome.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to SAP document 'Enhancements in QM -EhP3 for ECC 6.0'

[https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700001083612007E|https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700001083612007E](SAP support portal access is needed)

1) Activate the business function 'OPS_QM_EXTENSIONS' (Quality Management, Extensions) at transaction SFW2

2) Implement the BADI 'QEEM_CHARACTERISTIC' (Additional Inspections when Closing a Characteristic) at transaction SE18

I would suggest you build this scenario with basis and ABAPer.

Regards

Luke

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Luke,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unable to access the document on link forwarded by you. It would be great help indeed if you can give details of document or essence of it.

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me know your e-mail address. I'll send the document.

Regards

Luke

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

It starts with devangtshah and ends with g***.**.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Bye for now,

Devang

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for document.

We activated Enhancement Spot 'QEEM_CHARACTERISTIC' but system is not giving any pop-up or any kind of message even if I am closing characteristic with same user ID same as result recording.

Can you guess why it is so........what we have missed.

It would be great help if you can mention steps need to be followed to activate Dual Control functionality.

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you program new one for 'BADI_QEEM_CLOSE_CHARACTERISTIC' and activate it?

Ask your ABAPer.

Regards

Luke

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Luke,

Was able to successfully create scenario.

Regards,

Devang Shah

antonio_rodriguez9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I work with SAP ECC 6.0, and i like to activate QEEM_CHARACTERISTIC to check when user valide characteristic ( Close characteristic ). But i am not success.

I put break point in new badi, but it doesn't stop.

I have created Enhancement Spot from "BADI_QEEM_CLOSE_CHARACTERISTIC" , and i activated.

I don't know if i have to activate something else..

could you help me ???

REgards.

Antonio

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have activated QEEM_CHARACTERISTIC enhansment spot using T-code se18 but still it is not working,Please guide me in detail for all the requirements and configuration for that.

your quick responce will be highly appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease guide me in details,I want to implemet Dual control functionality in its true sence in result recording in QM it will facilitate us a lot, waiting for your quick responce

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for delay in reply, was very busy in developing SPC scenarios (though still not success).

Yo ucan check documentation of 'QEEM_CHARACTERISTIC' in SAP or you will easily find some via google.

I had some problem initially as ABAPer opted for fresh coding instead of refering sample code given for this enhancement. I will suggest to use or atleast refer sample codeof enhancement spot ('QEEM_CHARACTERISTIC' ).

In case if you still need some help then let me know I will take some time out and send you some details.

Bye for now,

Devang