cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Landscape OS Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

*Hello Experts ,*

*We are planning for Migrate existing GRC ( 5.2 ) from Windows platform to HPUX.*

*Whereas my question is , do I need to deploy GRC component after Target Server build ( installing Web as JAVA ) or will my Export / Import will take care of it..?*

*Thanks*

*Deepak Joshi*

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Whereas my question is , do I need to deploy GRC component after Target Server build ( installing Web as JAVA ) or will my >Export / Import will take care of it..?*

Once basis team have successfully migrated to new hardware using export import method, there is no further steps to be done if the target system host name and SAP GRC instance details are same with your existing GRC system. However if the target system hostname and instance details are like port etc are changed then you need to do some post migration steps like changing the URLS, changing the ports etc as per the topics under post System copy steps in the Installation/configuration guides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Export/import only moves the data. You still need to build/install/deploy WAS, GRC and Database components.

Regards,

Alpesh