cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Cache client/server installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am very new to live cache. We have installed SCM 7.0 in distributed environment. Separate host for CI and DB. Now want to install live cache. I have following queries.

1) How to decide whether we need server installation or client installation.

2) Where to install the live cache server/client on CI or DB

3) How to find out what component we have installed? I mean whether we have installed Server or Client, Is there anyway to find it out?

4) How to integrated Live cache with SCM?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the liveCache installation guide.

You could see the liveCache installation guides at www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/livecache

-> < your release >

For example SCM 7.0

"Installation Guide SAP SCM 7.0 Standalone Engine - SAP liveCache Technology 7.7:Windows"

Or

"Installation Guide SAP SCM 7.0 Standalone Engine - SAP liveCache Technology 7.7:UNIX"

For SCM 7.0 SR1 you will get the menus like this :-

SAP SCM 7.0 Support Release 1 ->

> SAP Application Server ABAP

> SAP Apllication Server Java

> SCM Optimizer

> SCM Optimizer Installation

> liveCache

> livecache Server

> liveCache Client Installation

> HA - LC on first cluster node

> HA - LC on an additional cluster node

> Software Life-Cycle Options

Installation master will be the same. But you have to choose & install APO box(ABAP),Optimizer and LC Server/client separately. Now remember to run this on separate hosts in case you are running planned them (for e.g. installating Optimizer on a separate Wintel box so install it there using same install master) in that way. For older release like SCM5.0, what I recall that installation will be also separate (like SAP NetWeaver 2004s- Standalone Engines -liveCache- Live Cache client etc)

Generally LC client instalated on the sap system and LC server is installed on "planned LC host".

LC Client instruction : "Installs a liveCache client for your existing SAP system application server. You must perform this step on each application server if you want to run at least one SAP application that requires liveCache. Only perform this step if you are using an application that requires liveCache."

LC Server instruction : "You perform this step on the liveCache host. You must perform this step if you want to run at least one SAP application that requires liveCache."

Refer the following notes on this :-

822239 FAQ: SAP MaxDB Interfaces

649814 Updating MaxDB/liveCache client software

Thanks

Amol

Answers (0)