cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is use of T.code

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

What is the use T.COde MEAN in SAP MM ans SRM??

What purpose we have this transaction code in system..

Can somebody explain me in depth detail about the same ..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction code is a four-character command is used to perform certain task in the system & transaction code may contains only letters ( a developed t.code: ZPRPRINT) or a combination of letters and numbers such as example: ME21N ,ME23N,ME51N,ME52N,MIGO

Transaction code is used for quick action ,which is a shortcut way or alternative way to use the navigation path to get to a specific system task.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

But how this T.code MEAN and vendor master and PO are linked ..??

Where is the link between these transaction and vendor master ???

Can some body explain me with some example .....

Thnaks

Edited by: MM group on Jan 4, 2011 2:33 PM

jasonm2
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hii

>

> But how this T.code MEAN and vendor master and PO are linked ..??

>

> Where is the link between these transaction and vendor master ???

>

> Can some body explain me with some example .....

>

>

>

>

>

> Thnaks

>

> Edited by: MM group on Jan 4, 2011 2:33 PM

Hi,

The delivery address that you maintained with MEAN will have a address number. It is the "delivery or ship to" address for PO or sales order, therefore basically it has no relation with vendor.

When you create a PO, at item level, you will see "Delivery Address" tab. The default address is the Plant address. However, you may use addressed number created by MEAN to replace this address. To do so, just enter the address number and you will get the new delivery address that overwrite the plant address.

Hope this helps

Jason

jasonm2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check table ADRC.

ADDRNUMBER is the address number.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

T,code mean in SAP MM is transaction executed to the next level of operation.

For example T.code MM01- Create material master means particular company all material created / generated in one master through that transaction code ie. material master.

Purpose of transaction codes are as follows.

- Particular transaction executed purpose

- Multiple Report executed from master data

- Output of report printing purpose

- Company master data create / change / display purpose

Hope it is useful for you.

Regards,

K.Rajendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

MEAN is the transaction code in SAP MM, MEAN mean i am not asking abt what is meant by transaction code in SAP.

MEAN is the transaction code to maintain multiple address in ERP.

So the same way we have to maintain the address in SRM also. So any experts can help out me in this regard.

I have maintained address in MEAN in SAP, but in SRM what is transaction code ?????

Thanks

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the aim of transaction MEAN is the creation of delivery adresses, that you can use during the creation, for example, of purchase orders: in the PO document, among item data, there's a tab called "Delivery address": here you can put the address number generated with MEAN. It can be used when you want to define a delivery address different from the address of the purchasing organization.

Hope to be useful.

Best regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction MEAN is to maintain Address.

You can maintain/ create addresses with their unique number, and further you can use this key for fetching therelevant address in various applications.

For eg: In PO, Delivery address tab, you can find "Address" field, if you enter your address key, your new address will be copied into PO instead of Plant/ Storage location address. Same can be printed on the PO, and vendor will deliver his goods tpo that address.

Similarly, you can use these keys in ABAP programs to call the Adrdtress.

Umakanth R