cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing group counter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anyone kindly let me know if I can have two routings for a FG in a GROUP with the same Group counter number

My user has this issue

For a product 'A' in the Routing Group 'G', He has two routings with counter as '1' for both

Kindly direct me

Thanks,

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had faced similar issues some times in one of our client SAP landscape, wherein, master data was created in one SAP R/3 system and used to be transferred to main production system by ALE / Idocs.

In your situation, user needs to delet the unwanted routing and if both the routing s are required , then the counter no. to be changed at database level. It is certianly complicated procedure and SAP help can be sought.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks for the prompt response

can you please let me know if you are able to guess why this must have happened?

My user is interested in knowing the reason

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably, in the user system, routing was not created through regular SAP ECC ( or R/3) standard transaction. It was created transferriing data from other systems ( SAP > IDOCs) or Z programs with BAPI calls to upload the Master Data.

With usage of regular SAP transaction, there is less chance of having some issues. Because there are strong validations.

Number range changes will affect the main group no and not the counter no.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Might be that the routing has been created by the ALE IDOC's from some other legacy

even in that case , the GC would be taken care of.

I am assuming that there might be some idoc locking issue due to which both the routings got created witht the same GC in a sequence

Please correct my guess

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your guess is quite a possibility.

If the sending system has only one routing data and two routings with same GC number are created in the SAP ECC or SAP R/3 system, then problem is expected in the interface mechanism.

Regards

Datta

Answers (0)