SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emigall - DEVICEMOD object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to use the DEVICEMOD object to change register level information of an installed device. I want to set some of the registers as "Not relevant for billing" and vice versa. I can see that there is a field ZWNABR in the structure REG for this, but when I try to migrate data I keep getting the error "Enter a Device. You have specified device category EC and division 01. Enter device category EC and division 01 in addition to a device."

Currently, I'm migrating information in structures INT, DEV, DEV_FLAG, REG and REG_FLAG, though I am only modifying data at certain registers. I am not sure of what information I should be passing in the DEV structure, I am currently only passing the Equipment number, device category and from and to dates(according to the register validity). I am wondering if this is the cause of the error, is there more information I should be passing or should I not be passing this structure at all? Can someone please help me with this object?

Thanks

Rushi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I want to set some of the registers as "Not relevant for billing" and vice versa...

For some registers of some devices or for register of whole register group?

0 Kudos

Hi prospector,

I want to modify that flag for some registers of certain installed devices. I am able to do this through EG42 - Change Rate data.

Regards

Rushi

0 Kudos

I think what for change value for field ZWNABR ("Not relevant for billing") you must use

DEVICERATE object (ZWNABR field in REG structure).

0 Kudos

While I wrote my message, you already have found the correct solution )))

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that I have been barking up the wrong migration object all along. DEVICERATE lets us change this flag (and other rate related data) very easily. Closing this thread.