cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Portal Standalone module and Ent Application Projects in track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my track I have a mixture of Webdynpro Components, J2EE EJB Module Projects, J2EE Enterprise Applications and EP Portal Application standalone module components.

These Portal Application standalone modules are KM scheduler services.

Using the EJB Module and Enterprise Applications I have developed Web services.

Whenever I am checking in and activating the Webdynpro development components from NWDS, applications are deployed fine, and I can create iViews out of them.

But doing the same for the Portal Application standalone modules, the KM Scheduler tasks are not automatically created. I have to do a manual deploy of the archive from NWDS using DC->Deploy.

Similarly, for the Enterprise Application, the web service is not created on activation of the Enterprise Application component. I have to do a manual deploy of the archive from NWDS using DC->Deploy.

Is there any problem with the settings?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Subhabrata,

Please Check the Runtime system configurations of your track.

When you activate your activities from NWDS the CBS triggers a central build request for the components included in your activities, and if the build is successful then the same changes are deployed via the Centrally maintained ID defined in your track's runtime system.

Is there any chance that the box for "Disable automatic deployment" of your track is checked?

Also go through the following thread...

Let us know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone with any idea on this?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhabrata,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Please share your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is still a pending issue. I am manually deploying the SDA file, for the time being. Buti I do not understand why activation is not working.

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhabrata,

Can you please share the activation failure log with us.

Please follow the below mentioned procedure to get the logs.

1) After you have activated your activity it will appear under the "Activation Requests" view of your NWDS.

2) Here, you will be able to see the activation request number of your activity.

3) Please select that activation request and on the left side under the "Activation Results" tab you will see your Track_SC if you expand it will list the DCs that could not built due to activation failure with red marks.

4) Right click one of those DCs and click on the "View Log" option.

Also provide clarification on my last reply.

let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhabrata,

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

If yes, then please mark the thread as answered and share your findings with us.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya