cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance Level based on Different UoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario whereby the client wants to apply tolerance based on Weight (MT) instead of Pieces (PC). Pieces is the Base UoM.

SCENARIO:

The produced item is stock-kept in Pieces, however, due to the nature of the item, the invoice(s) are issued with the Selling Price based on actual weight. In the inventory, the theoretical weight is calculated, based on a formula. The actual Weight is retrieved at the Weighbridge. Contracts tied with the client's customer, allows an over / under delivery of + - of 5% from the ordered quantity.

Sales / Delivery Orders quantities are in Pieces.

QUESTION:

Based on the contract tied, each delivery is allowed a + - 5%. With the tolerance in place, over / under delivery are currently checked against the Pieces ordered, not Weight. How do I apply the tolerance against the Weight? Please note that the theoretic Weight is recorded per Batch per Material.

Appreciate all the replies to my query.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

create a Z table with maintaince view with the original values against the expected % you want to increase in the system.

read the Z table against USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT.

please check and confirm.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha & Balajia,

Thanks again for your prompt reply; I am planning to try out your ideas, utilizing a customized table and an enhancement / user-exit / BAdI. I will work with my programmer on this and will feedback to you on the success or if I have any other further queries.

Thanks again.

Navin

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Such a functionality is not possible through configuration. You only have to enable it through some code changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Thanks for your reply; am I right to assume that by code changes, you are advising the insertion of User-Exits? If not, I would appreciate it if you could advise on the User-Exit, as to point me to the right direction. Otherwise, may I know what do you mean by code changes?

Hi All,

Any other advice on how to tackle the above requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Navin

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navin,

Even through user exit, I am doubtful if it can be enabled.

You only have to enable it by means of an enhancement.

An example of the solution is as follows.

You can maintain a table where customer, material, UOM and tolerance level are maintained.

Now during delievery, you can check teh order quantity and compare it with the delivery quantity alogn with the tolerance level maintained in the table adn accordingly pass the warning or error message as required.