cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input field - entry is not in the list of values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a very strange thing going on in my aPP.

I use an input field to which I attach an on Enter event.

When user presses 'Enter', a pop up window appears with the list of countries.

Selecting a country automatically puts this country into the input field. So far so good.

The problem, however, I am experiencing is in a situation where the user enters a valid value into the input field

without pressing 'Enter' and then continues pressing other buttons in the app. What happens is that the web dynpro framework immediately throws an exception saying the value is not in the set of accepted values.

I do not understand why the system throws such an exception if no set of values has yet been attached to the input field (by ImodifiableValueSet for example).

Any idea?

Thank you

yuval peery

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuval,

Nikhil is right . when you are creating the action or event you might chcek the checbox (with validation).

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Strangely this is what I did to all my actions (i.e selecting without validation)

but it did not solve the problem.

????

Thank you and regards

yuval peery

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yuval,

you are going away from the point - type of context attribute : is that a simpletype enumeration ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil

No, the type is string.

regards

yuval

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yuval,

may be I am not getting your issue clearly. but i want few more info. In the pop up window, how are you getting the values ?

are these values being accessed in OnEnter() ? Is the whole scene working fine after selecting the country from Pop up ? Still has same problem, it would be on validation service by the framework

Its usually happends with SimpleModifiableType bound to attribute and key in custom value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. In comp controller in wdDoInit I get the list of countries and write them to a local node.

2. This node is mapped to a view in a different window.

3. When I press enter, a pop up window is created. The values mapped from the comp controller to this view are presented to

the user in a nice table.

4. When the user selects a line in the table, the method writes back the value to my input field.

Quite straight forward.

The problem is that when the user enters a valid name into the input field before even pressing "Enter" the framework

returns "entry is not in the set of values".

Frustrating.

regards

yuval

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yuval,

If there is no message handling done manually for fields, can you just try de-assigning the action for onEvent(), try commenting the event handlers and see what cause this error. If it is of framework, making the action 'Without Validation' would help.

Or as a try, in case of cache issue, you can delete the 'gen_wdp' folder -Reload + Create Archive + Build the component or in a worst case, restart NWDS.

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yuval,

Did you bind the attribute of some simpletype for that inputfield? if it is not required, then remove that attribute and provide differnt data type.

1. What is the type of attribute you are using?

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SM'

Lastly I managed to solve my problem which was kind of strange.

I my code, which I must have overlooked, I attached an ImodifiableValueSet to this context attribute.

What was strange here that no icon appeared in my app . So I thought it was just a clean input field with only an onEnter event attached to it. Anyway this is solved and done.

Thank you.

regards

Yuval

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuval,

Whats the nature of Input help (Popup) that is being shown onEnter of input field ? I guess the action is doing generic Validation against the list of Countries available in the Popup list, probably the 'Key' value.

check the same or try to action to 'Without Validation', well 'm not that sure. let us know the result.

regards,

Nikhil Bose

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you are binding some value set to the attribute which is bound to the input field.

and when you are trying to enter some value outside the value set range then web dynpro framework is throwing the error.

fill the value set of the attribute in the wddoinit itself and then enter the value from that set only.

Thanks

Sarbjeet.