cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP OSS Coneection to sap

Former Member

Hi All,

Our customer is asking to open OSS HTTP Conection to SAP, Please guide me for the HTTP OSS connection creation and configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

I believe what you are referring to is opening the SAP Support HTTP Connection so SAP can connect to your system over HTTP.

Assuming you have configured your SAP Router to allow the connection and the HTTP protocol is defined as a connection, to open it:

Go to the SAP Service Marketplace - http://service.sap.com/support

Click on Data Administration tab

Browse for your required system ID and click it

Click on Maintain Service Connection button lower down the page

Select HTTP Connect - URL Access

Specify the time duration and click Open Connection button

Hope this helps,

-Rohan

spalc
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for helpful replies. Here it is with an image to illustrate. Especially the URL line to implement, no so obvious, according to me...

regards, jean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jean

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi Sreekanth,

If you specified HTTP connection means it is the connection between SAP system client to some HTTP server(means you can maintain URL)

normally SAP OSS connection should be ABAP connection. You can easily proceed this by using IMG.

SPRO->SAP Reference IMG->SAP solution manager-> Basic settings -> Connection to SAP. please do all the actions stated.

You may require some router settings also,refer these notes 30289,17285,33135

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please login to the SAP service market place and navigate to Help & Support -> Connect to SAP

Click on “Maintain Connections” tab

Perform system search by providing system id and by clicking “Search systems”

Once displayed, please click on that system

Make sure SAP router status is connected, Otherwise, please click on connect button and make sure sap router is in connected status

After that, please click on “Systemdata” button

Click on “Maintain Access Data” button

To create a new oss connection, please provide the client, user id, password and expiration date details and click save button

By default oss connection will be opened for 14 days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the help. I have opened the HTTP Connection.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure SAP isn't asking for an HTTP connection.

I can't think of a function that Solution Manager required an HTTP connection to SAPOSS.

But many functions is Solution Manager require an HTTP connection (WEBDYNPRO) from SAP to Solution Manager.

You would want to reference SAP Note 1072324 - HTTP Connect and SAP Solution Manager.

If this is not what you mean, please provide enough detail to know exactly what the customer is trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Paul