Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Popup

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue in displaying a window as popup. Following is the detailed scenario.

I have a view which has a table control in it. This view has been embedded in a window.

I am calling this window as popup using window manager.

The functionality works perfect. However when I scroll down or lead select, the popup window adjust itself and displays again.

In otherwords, it tries to shrink and comes to original position.

Is there anyway to avoid this happening? I want the window to be behaved static.

Regards,

G.N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, from your description, i think there are 2 places where you can check, hope it can help a little.

1. Check whether the table-control is fixed or not.

This setting is important when you wanna your table is not changed when the data/content is changed.

Setting point: In design, set the checkbox "Fixed Layout" of your table UI element

2. Set your Pop-up non-resizeable

can use the following example:

*. No Resizable
    CALL METHOD lo_wait_window->SET_IS_RESIZABLE
      EXPORTING
        IS_RESIZABLE = abap_false

hope it can help a little.

Best wishes.

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Many thanks for the inputs.

1. I am using Create_window. I cannot use External_window as per requirement

2. The issue is not with resizing. The current functionality takes care of resizing.

3. I have tried all the possible stuffs. Like fixed table layout, transparent container, scroll pane. Nothing worked.

4. I am using IE.

It seems like the window manager itself tries to adjust the window for every scroll or lead select. The weird thing is, if have multiple tabs, on clicking the tabs, the window doesn't resizes. The issue happens only when scrolling or during lead select.

Steps to replicate the issue.

1. Create a view with table control. in WDDOINIT method fill the table with entries. Create a window for this view.

2. Create a view with button. On click of this button, call the above window using window manager. Create a window for this view and application.

On executing the webdynpro application, click on the button, it will show the popup. Try to scroll down or lead select.

Observe the title bar of the window.

Regards,

G.N

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried the same thing and not getting any such problem...

here is the screen shot...

[popup|http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/7772/popupw.jpg]

thanks

sarbjeet

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>The weird thing is, if have multiple tabs, on clicking the tabs, the window doesn't resizes. The issue happens only when scrolling or during lead select.

Are you sure that the dialog window isn't been called again? Are you making the call to open the popup from within the WDDOMODIFYVIEW of the parent view? It seems like any server event is causing the popup window to re-initialize. The change of tab is a client side event only. The other events you listed are server side. The WDDOMODIFYVIEW of the parent view still fires whenever a server event occurs in the popup.

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your input. I am not calling the window in WDDOMODIFY.

Is there any way to suppress the server events?

Regards,

G.Niyaz

former_member200338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

I couldnt take screen shot. But if you scoll and observe the title bar of the window, you can see the difference.

Regards,

G.Niyaz

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not gettign any issue at all.

i am scrolling as well as clicking on the lead select.

it remained fixed.

has anybody else got this issue.

thanks

sarbjeet

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Is there any way to suppress the server events?

>

No, nor would that really make sense. Most functionality would not work if you deactivated server events.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarabjeet,

I have a popup window which is having 5 dropdowns.

When I select a value in a dropdown, the screen re adjusts itself and scrolls up.

This is very weird.

I have created the window using Create_WIndow method.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Please check IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER, there is a method CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW with parameter IS_RESIZABLE.

Best regards,

Rohit

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

According to the SAP note 1003826 it is not possible to set the size of the popup, you can set the size by inner content ie use transparent container with calculated size so that if the screen shrinks or expands the transparent container will take care of it.

Regards

Arun.P

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

recently i created one popup having table and action on lead select but i have not faced any such scenarios.

are you using IE as browser or something else. and what is the window tyep you are creating.

In my case i created with

lo_window_manager->create_window