cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-allocate batch from sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you de-allocate a Batch from the Sales Order , so that it becomes available to another Order?

I removed the Batch from the sales order and saved the order. A confirmation without the batch was created . However when I tried to determine the same batch in another Order it was not available.

I then rejected the line item and saved the order , and it allowed me to pick up the batch in a second order.

ATP quantity was available however the batch was not getting recognized till I rejected the order.

Any ideas on why this case?

Thanks,

Asha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply. I did carry out ATP check after removing the batch. The line item was confirmed for the full quantity since material is present in stock. However The batch was still not available for another order till I rejected the sales Order line item in the first order.

Thanks,

SAPLEARN

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This may be due to the reason that your batch is already reserved for the sales order. You have to check the reservations for this sales order in MD0* series of tcodes, deallocate the batch from this order requirement and then try.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because, when you ran Availability check, the batch was already reserved for the sales order. So once you remove the batch number, you should run availability check once again. Dont forget that if you are giving some other batch number to teh order now, the batch should have some stock.

So, after changing or deleting the batch number, run availability check once and then save the order. Then create the second sales order and assign the batch number. It will take the batch.