Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am totally new to the world of SAP. I have 4 years of experience in IT and mostly in web development. I have recently done my MBA and would like to venture into the world of SAP, but I have no clue as to which module or certification to choose. Will you be able to help me find the right way?

Thanks,

Manju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

welcome to SAP world,

check the sticky threads in career center forum and blogs on career center.

if you are interested in web development then choose EP or ABAP development as your option, otherwise with MBA in HR or FI you can go for functional modules based upon your interest.

• don't cross post the same question on multiple forums.

regards

mahesh

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

hi,

start working in any of the projects by learning some basics. while u r in project u can learn much more things.

Maruthi Prasad

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

welcome to SAP world,

check the sticky threads in career center forum and blogs on career center.

if you are interested in web development then choose EP or ABAP development as your option, otherwise with MBA in HR or FI you can go for functional modules based upon your interest.

• don't cross post the same question on multiple forums.

regards

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

What is the best way to learn and prepare towards SAP certification (for example for FI or CO module)?

Is training mandatory for the any of the SAP certification, I mean can it be done with the help of eLearning alone?

Which is the good institution for eLearning?

Also where do I register for the test?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Welcome to SAP!

Firstly I would recommend that you PLEASE visit the "SAP Certified Professional" forum here on SDN.

It will answer all queries related to Modules, Exams, Preparation, Material, Time required, Academies.

If anything specific is not answered, then ask the SAP Educaiton guys - http://www12.sap.com/usa/services/education/index.epx

If you want to know more, ask here.

FYI - SAP now gives sample questions per certification - Maybe that'll help the guys who have already opened their books!

http://www.sap.com/usa/services/education/certification/schedule/index.epx

All the best,

Zubin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

What type of background and experience do you have with your current degrees? It looks like you have pretty good history that can really allow you to explore SAP. There are two certification levels:

1. associate - mainly beginners and the basic step in covering the fundamental knowledge requirements needed for consulting

2. personal - more on the experienced and professional level,

Certifications also focus on 3 areas: application, technology and development. Depending on what you would like to focus on, you can further gain more knowledge in those areas that you choose which way to get you certificate.

There are exams to take in order to prepare for these certifications, http://www.onlinecomputersciencedegree.com/ is also a resource to get additional educational experience in web development.

Good luck.