cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Expressions Returning Error in Calculated Field But Works in Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a lengthy MDM expression to calculate Tax Jurisdiction Codes. I created the expression in Data Manager as an assignment and believed I could use the same expression in a calculated field, however when I attempt to input the expression in the calculated field in the Console I receive an error stating "Missing Operand or Paramater."

Below is the expression:

IF(Country.Code=u201DUSu201D AND IS_NULL(City Postal Code),[NULL],
IF(Country.Code=u201DUSu201D AND FIND(City Postal Code,u201D-u201C)=0 AND LEN(City Postal Code)=9,
Country.Code & Region.Code & City Postal Code & u201D0u201D,
IF(Country.Code=u201DUSu201D, IF(FIND(City Postal Code,u201D-u201C),
Country.Code & Region.Code & LEFT(City Postal Code,5) & RIGHT(City Postal Code,4) & u201C0u201D,
Country.Code & Region.Code & LEFT(City Postal Code,5) & u201CXXXX0u201D),
IF(Country.Code=u201DCAu201D,Country.Code & Region.Code,[NULL]))))

Has anyone run across this type of issue before?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies. As a work around I added the assignment to a workflow which populates this field but whenever I have some free time I will try your suggestions.

Thanks again!

former_member710663
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had similar problem when I applied the same expression from Assignment to a Calculated field. If you look at the standard delivered Calculated fields you can see they use validations (Callable) inside the Calculate expression. So enter the same expression you typed in Assignment as a Validation and make it Callable and then call that in the calculated expression and let us know if it fixes the problem.

Best Regards,

Lekshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your Expression is working fine for Assignment Expression in Data Manager then It should work for Calculated Expression too using MDM Console. I would suggest don't Copy Expression from Assignment to Calculated but try to write this expression in Calculated Expression using Fields, Operators and Functions tab of Calculated Expression. Hope it would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member710663
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had similar problem when I applied the same expression from Assignment to a Calculated field. If you look at the standard delivered Calculated fields you can see they use validations (Callable) inside the Calculate expression. So enter the same expression you typed in Assignment as a Validation and make it Callable and then call that in the calculated expression and let us know if it fixes the problem.

Best Regards,

Lekshmi