Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - spending limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have the following requirement:

For reporting purpose, I need to identify which SC / PO have been approved automatically because the requester spending limit was superior to the SC / PO total value.

How can I do this?

Can you give me some guindance?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would use most the techniques mentioned above: reading the container, the frequency transaction. There is no straight-forward answer.

What you might want to do is to identify the difference between SC/PO that are approved automatically and those that are not in the workflow container (or in the SC/PO record itself). You can either write a report or better yet, export the data to a business objects (or BW) system and deal with it there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is a SC/PO approved automatically? Is it a step done in the workflow? Do you have a fork that runs in parallel to send an item for approval and auto-approve on the other?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I am not particullary skilled in WF, but from what I observ it's a fork that runs in parallel.

I believe the WF uses a BADI to check the spending limit of the user and then approves automatically the SC / PO.

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SWI2_FREQ transaction meets your requirement or not.

Workitem Type: Workflow

Task Filter: WSXXXXXXXX for automatic approval workflow

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I need some extra guidance.

the system is using the same workflow for approving the SC /PO with or without spending limit: approval in n-steps. so I don't know how to retrive the information using the transaction you have mentioned.

I could compare the value of the SC / PO with the spending limit but the problem is that the spending limit is stored in table HRP5503 and it doens't keeps the history. So if the spending limit is changed I cannot compare the value of a SC /PO approved in the past with the current spending limit.

thanks in advance,

Francisco

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

SWI2_FREQ does not help because your system use just 1 workflow template. Maybe you need to write a program for your requirement.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I have noticed that the WF container has the spending limit, how can I retrive this information?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you give me some help on this matter?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try FM SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER for reading container value.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use class '/SAPSRM/CL_WF_APV_FACADE~RETRIEVE_PROCESS_HISTORY' pass the SC GUID , the export parameter ES_PROCESS , if 'RESOLVER_NAME' eq 'SYSTEM' , that mean the SC/PO has approved by system.

Saravanan