cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mark interace as erroneous on failure...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my requirement, a file is being sent from PI to the third party system via FTP. I want something like this to happen. In case there is something wrong in the third party system's FTP and the file transfer fails, I want that message to be marked in red flag in sxmb_moni but now I see green flag. Bcos of this, the further messages following this one are also getting blocked. So then I go to SMQ2 and clear the queues and restart the message sending in SXMB_MONI.

What is the right way to handle this ? I just want to make sure that if the FTP fails due to any reason on the third party side, I want that transfer to be marked as failed which I can view in SXMB_MONI.

What should I do ?

thnks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can try using BPM in this scenario, as file adapter works with transport acknowledgment:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far i know; if the PI not able to communicate to the receiving system the message status will be in error (red) after few attempts.

Can you check the table SXMSMSTAT with the message status, you can find few of the status are for internal use and we don't have control over it.

In case if you want to generate a statistics report for message restart, check in this SXMSPHIST table.

Your requirement cannot be done to a specific Interface. If you stop the background job to restart failed message, then all the message will be in your PI waiting for manual push.