cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-NW-PI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are getting a PI work from a different vendor, and now we need to set-up our own environment.

Could you pls let me know the below-

1. The Installables we need to get.

2. Dependencies as per SAP-NW-PI installation.

3. What all dumps are required.

4. Anything specific we need to ask the previous vendor, reg SAP-NW-PI ?

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important. But the answers in the forum are provided by volunteers. Please do not ask for help quickly. >>

Thanks and regsrds,

Anand

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 14, 2011 4:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

What OS are you installing this on?

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

We would be installing this on Windows.

Also for the setting up of SAP-NW-PI 7.1, pls let us know the hardware configuration required.

We would be setting up our SAP-NW-PI landscape.

Background -

There is a SAP-PI project, that has been developed and maintaned by XYZ Organization.

But now, my Orzanization is taking over the work from XYZ and we would be maintaining the application.

We have several SAP-NW-PI interfaces involved here.

XYZ had their own Test. Dev, and Prod env in their landscape.

As the transition of this work is going on.... we need to import the SAP- PI code/objects from them to have a look at the PI interfaces.

Pls let me know, aht all objects we need to ask them? Is it..

>SLD objects (If yes, then pls let me know how to import it and its impact on our Landscape). Pls let me knw the format of the objects

>ESR objects (Pls let me know how to import it and let me know its impact). I think it is .tpz files

>ID objects (Pls let me know how to import it and let me know its impact). I think it is .tpz files

If anything else needs to be asked from XYZ, then pls let me know.

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important. But the answers in the forum are provided by volunteers. Please do not ask for help quickly. >>

Many thanks for your attention.

Anand

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 14, 2011 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you have installed the PI-System on your environment. there is two ways

first one is to work in you PI with dependency with the XYZ organization, therefor you need to make a Bridge for auto synchronization for SLD-Content. Then you have to follow the rules of the Software Logistic in PI (Design Object exp/import, ID object Exp/import ( with rebuilding of CC-Metadata))

the second way is to work independently from the SLD of the Organization XYZ, you should make also here a SLD Content export/import then SW logistic rules for PI

for this you can find docs under

[]

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We haven't set up our landscape.

We would be doing that later. Presently we have a test env and just to see, the Prod scenario, we would got the code from the XYZ company.

Now what I want to know is,

Do we really need SLD contends??

If yes then how to import it??

Also the .tpz files given to us pertain the design and config.

Pls let me know how to import all these objects.

Do we need any more objects, that should be imported in our environment, to see the complete scenario ??? Or do we need to ask them anything else???

Thanks for your reply and time.

Regds,

A