cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Credit/Debit card information and post the payments to the banks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, we enter all the customer details manually on the applications and save the data back to the R/3. We are planning on automating this process i.e.. If a customer swipes a credit or debit card, the moment he/she swipes the card, we should be able to get all the customer details like First, Last & middle Names, Card Number, Bank Details, Expiration date, CVV number, Name as on card, card cash limit etc... and fill these details automatically on the user application screens.

To get this done, what is the approach you suggest? What additional softwares do we or the warehouse/selling store posses? Once we fetch all the details specified above and save the data back to R/3, how do we send the information to the bank to get the authorization for the payments?

Are there any standard programs, Function Modules/ BAPIs or IDOCS for the above business case?

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you need to interface it with PI with HTML.

PI - is nothing but its acts as an interface between HTML and R/3

HTML : stands for hyper thermal mark up language. it is WWW or WEB enabled application which you can develop according to your requriment.

hope this clears your issue

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Balaji. But this does not give me the complete idea of how to design and architech the solution. Can you please provide me the complete details on how to fetch my customer details and how do I send those back for authorization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In the customer master , we have an option to maintain the credit card details in the GENERAL DATA TAB under the Payment transaction

click on the Payment Card buttom and maintain the details like

CARD TYPE

CARD NUMBER

CARD HOLDER DETAILS

and there are some configuration steps to be maintain in the SPRO->SALES & DISTRIBUTION>BILLING-->PAYMENT CARD Under this you can maintain all the configuration for payment card

If you create the sales order with that customer you can see the option to enter the card details in the overview screen of the sales order and it will ask for the authorization to check the details of the payment card transaction details ( provided if you set up all the configuration)

Hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Santhosh. I am talking about fetching the customer card details on to the user online application, when ever the customer swipes the card at the store. Your explanation differs from what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Jan 5, 2011 9:20 AM