Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating custom Table in SAP MII

former_member198480
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my understanding about SAP MII till now, we can use different type of queries to get information within MII.

Could there be a possibility that we create a custom tables (Structure and Data like Z tables in ECC) in MII and access it within MII. Let us take an example of Configuration tables or Global values that we can have in any application.

We don't want to create Z-tables in ECC rather we need to do it in MII and use it within MII for further manipulation.

OR

Do we have an already configured database (e.g. SQL Server) with MII where we can create our database and use it within MII?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using 12.X, then you have an underlying database which NW is installed upon. However, you can still install a separate database for MII usage outside of the NW database if you wish or if your system administrator does not want you to use the NW database (you should check with the NW admin first anyway).

If you are using 12.2 (or will be shortly), you may wish to set up your custom table in ECC and then set up an MDO in MII which will keep it current automatically. This will save a lot of effort in maintaining a current cached copy in a database.

Another alternative is to use an xml file saved on the Web side of the workbench (this actually makes use of the underlying NW database). This may be a useful approach if the amount of data is not excessive.

Regards,

Mike

former_member198480
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer. We are considering MDO approach for our business scenarios.

I tried running MII 12.2 Examples available at following link.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/7010321d-2dbc-2d10-cc8a-a0048fabeb8a |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/7010321d-2dbc-2d10-cc8a-a0048fabeb8a]

When I ran the "OnDemand" MDO example it throws me an error that

"The system could not access the MDO data source."

I am not sure why this error is coming because this example used a TagQuery (that use Simulator Services) and there is no database involved in this scenario.

Is there any configuration required in SAP MII System Management???

I made sure that "MDO Connector" defined in Data Services -> Data Servers is "Enabled" and "Running". However, in System Management -> System Properties -> MDO Data Source property is empty. Do i need to set any JDBC driver over here. If yes, I don't know which JDBD driver????

Any help would be highly appreciated.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think MDO will work with timeseries data. You may want to review the help documents in that regard. Also test it with something like a Production Order List from ECC which is really the type of data it is most useful with (IMHO).

Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)