cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERFACE DETERMINATION AND RECEIVER DETERMINATION DOUBTS???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

I am having doubts regarding the Interafce Determination and the receiver determination. In pur landscape in our objects, some times i am seeing a Condition is being defined in the Interafce Determination and sometimes am seeing a Condition is being defined in the receiver determination . could you please let me know the differences between the above two.

thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In receiver determination you define your target system. Conditions defined in this point, allow you to determine one receiver or another one, in function of some criterion

In Interafce Determination you define what mapping do you want to execute for a source message and targed system (defined previously in your receiver determination). Conditions defined in this point, allow you to determine what kind of mapping do you execute , in function of some criterion,

Regards,

Carme.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rakesh205
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Receiver Determination is basically used to know about the target system and we usually put some conditions in it when we have some scenarios like:- 1 source system and more than 1 target system to identify which should be out Target system based on Payload we have received we use condition in receiver determinations.

Interface Determination:- You must have figure it out that in Interface determination we use to give a reference a Operation Mapping, and their might be cases during which we need to switch our mapping logic as per the Payload we are receiving. So to these switching of the mapping logic we use  conditions in Interface Determinations.

I hope you are cleared now, if not please let us know.

Cheers,
Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabhinav,

Condtions in receiver determination - These conditions are evaluated and executed to determine the receivers for this incoming message.

Condtions in Interface determination - These conditions are evaluated and ececuted to determine the Interface mapping to be called in order to map the source message to the target message.

Please take a loot at these links for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/26/5ccd3bb4560f01e10000000a11402f/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ce2a8e3a8e5430e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Also, search the SDN before posting you query.

Regards, Gaurav.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

pretty simple:

- Interafce Determination

you define conditions for different mappings execution - like message mappings

- receiver determination.

you define conditions for different receivers - one message can go to different receivers

is that clear now ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk