cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin of Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I just started learning SD and have some doubts on data determination and I would like your help to clarify on.

Please confirm (as i don't have a system now to test):

1. Shipping point is not determined during Sales order creation but in DO creation screen.

2. Although delivering plant field can be entered manually in Sales order, if its not auto-derived (from the various master data), then even if manually entered, the order cannot be allowed to be saved.

3. Plant is derived in Sales Order. When this happens, is there a way to tell exactly which of the 3 Master data provided this info given that customer-material, customer (ship-to) and material master data all can be used to propose.

Best

Alfonso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ;

1.a.while creating a sales order if shipping point determination is not there in OVL2. then system will throw an error.

"NO SHIPPING POINT DETERMINED".

2.a. if you enter plant manually into the sales order. System will allow to save the sales order.

3.a. delivery plant is searched through a thumb rule.

CMIR; CMR & MMR.

hope this clears the issue.

balajia

deepak_dave2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alfonso,

1. Shipping point is not determined during Sales order creation but in DO creation screen.

No the shipping point gets determined during sales order creation.

2. Although delivering plant field can be entered manually in Sales order, if its not auto-derived (from the various master data), then even if manually entered, the order cannot be allowed to be saved.

Yes it can save but it has to be assigned to the same company code in img.

3. Plant is derived in Sales Order. When this happens, is there a way to tell exactly which of the 3 Master data provided this info given that customer-material, customer (ship-to) and material master data all can be used to propose.

You have to physically check the same in the order at the header level where was it entered.It works on priority rule customer info 1st then ship to party and then in material master sales org 2 tab.

Thanks

Deepak