Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While deploying my WD java application I am getting the following error

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

I configured my msg host & port correctly by checking SystemInfo information & Visual Admin->kernal->cluster infomation.

I am able to ping the remote server using ping command.

I have checked the entries in the host file. The IP & name mentioed are correct. I restarted my system & NWDS.

But in the J2ee perspective the Remote Engine still shows N/A. The server nodes & SDM is not shown.

I checked the server & SDM, both are in running state.

I am totally lost & need to deploy the application on production very urgently.

Kindly help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out the solution. The ports were closed between my system and the server, so the connection was not made.

Thanks everyone for help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Go to Windows --> Preferences --> SAP Enterprise Portal

Click on Add button to add server definition. Enter server details such as Alias, Host, Port and Login

Click Apply and Ok

And try to deploy now, You should be able to deply

Regards,

Amol

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether the Message Server Host and Message Server Port are correct or not.

Message Server Host: Give the J2ee Server IP address of the Message Server (or give the J2ee Server Host Name if it is maintained in the host file)

Message Server Port: 3600 + system Number (or) 3900 + system number

for ex: if system number is 01 then 3600 + 01 = 3601

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a central instance and three application server. I already checked the msg hostname and msg port from the systeminfo page as well as loggin into Visual Admin.

@Sen: Since in systemInfo page, the name is not fully qualifies, I have only mentioed the name and not FQN.

How to check the port is enabled or not??

The entry is already there in the host file.

@Govindu: I do not see any child node for SDM config under preferences under SAP J2ee . Is that the right place? I am using NWDS 7.0.06. Do I have to configire it anywhere else?

One more thing, can anyone tell me how to check if the message server is up & running. This is a production system and around 20K people are already using it.

Already restarted the system once yesterday. No Luck.

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it could be network problem. Your message server port may be blocked by firewell.

check with the network team.

thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chcek the below path in NWDS .

windows-preferences-> SAP AS Java ,here you need to place your host and port deatils .

For ex. if yout portal is http://<hostname>:<port>/irj

fill the details hosatname and port and from j2ee deploy view you can check SDM is up or not .

even you can check the same from Visual administaror/nwa .

and also chcek whether you did the network settings properly.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

There is no node as SAP AS JAVA, the only closest node is windows->preferences->SAP J2ee Engine.

There I have already added the msg server name & msg port. Still I am not able to see the engine in "J2EE Engine" perspective.

It shows Remote Engine->N/A

I checked the SDM server in nwa, its green and running.

I am not sure what is the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes ,you are right,if still its displaying N/A means NWDS is not able to recah your SDM Host check you nework setting under windows->preferences ..(proxy and all in the NWDS)

Regards,

Govindu

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross check what has given in Message server host. Its a fully qualified server name with out port and http, etc.. Means just give "xxxportal.xxxcompany.xxx" dont give any port ( like 50000, 50100 and http or https)

Try to make a entry in the host file like in the host file, if the Msg Server Host name is Test, then get the ip and do a host file enty.

Also check whether its a port issue or not. Like, may be from the client side the port is open (suppose server is located at onsite) and since the port is not open from the offshore end, couldn' t access the server located in onsite from offshore. So, this case, need to enable the port.

Regards,

Sen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did u chceked from SAP J2EE Engine perspective ,if you configured your SDM host and port details in preferences under SAP J2ee then it shoudl reflect it.

first chcek the above locations in the NWDS.

Regards,

Govindu