cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In DP82 WBS Planned cost (Unit costing ) is not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team ,

I want to create quotation from the project, for that i am using DP82 T.CODE but in this process WBS cost is not updated in the QUOTATION.

1 ) Create inquiry and assign DIP profile in the sales tab,

2) Create project with wbs ,network activity,materials and DIP Profile in the PD

3) Using unit cost planning for the WBS and automatic cost planning for the network .

4) Assign higher level wbs to the inquiry

5) Run the DP82 for the creation quotation from the project

6) In the quotation system take Network planning only ,not the WBS planning(unit cost method)

I want to include the wbs cost also, for that is there any configuration settings in the DIP Profile .

or

DP82 is the right T.CODE for create the quotation from the project.

Please suggest me for the resolving the issue

Regards

R.B.Rao ;

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PS experts,

I think i have the same issue as sales pricing transaction ( dp82 ) only take the cost from the transaction (CJR2) but i need it to take also the cost from unite costing (PR and service activities and internal activities exist in the project builder) ??

Thanks and BR,

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use Easy Cost Planning for Quotation creation in DP82

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

But business requirement is using unit cost planning ,this is trunky project for that take consider all sub contracting,PR'S ,service orders.that is the reason we are using unit costing for that dp82 is write T.CODE

OR

is there any special configuration settings in DIP Profile for updating unit cost planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP identifies only Easy Cost Planning against WBSE to trigger Quotation creation.

You can go for Base Planning Object creation similar to Unit Costing.

this can be then included in the Costing model of ECP which in turn triggers your quotation requirement.

regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard SAP identifies only Easy Cost Planning against WBSE to trigger Quotation creation.

No, Krisap, you can take other costing data's also for quotation creation, it is not restricted only to ECP.

Rao, Relook your DIP config, make sure you have used Planned costs-Total records in your source list. Also, search the forum, you will find many more threads related to DIP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi ,

In the source i select planed cost - Total records only but it not taken the cj40 values only take the network costing

Please help me out for this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There are two ways.

1. If the Project is account assigned to the Inquiry, then only the "Planned costs - Total records" will be considered.

2. As it is mentioned in the thread, If you dont link your project to the Inquiry.... then you need to carry out Sales Pricing in Project which considers cost planned by ECP only.

:-

1. for system to pick up unit costing values & create quotation, there should be a link between the Project & Inquiry.

OR

2. Use ECP as I suggested earlier.

regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krisap, I created a quotation without creating inquiry for a project. I created quotation taking both unit costing and network costing cost data using DP82. Also, Rao mentions that system is considering his network costing during DP82.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rao, you should first check your characteristics, and source criteria. Also, check your unit costing details whether it is being covered in the source criteria which you defined in DIP config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rafi ,

In DIP profile i am using the Planed total source criteria (standard ) only ,can i create any new sources in the DIP profile , please tel me what are the configurations i maintained in the DIP for picking the unit costing to create the quotation.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no specific config to be done to consider the unit costing, except the source list. But you have already maintained the proper one. Follow my previous comment. If you are new to DIP, then search the forum you will find an OSS in which a document is available. It details out about DIP. read that document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafi,

((

Sales Pricing in the Project System

Use

A project usually yields one-time customer-specific services . The unique nature of such projects means that you will not have recourse to standard prices when you are calculating the sales price. Sales pricing provides the project system with a function you can use to determine the price of your services based on the planned data from the project.

You can run sales pricing in the following ways:

If you create a project due to a customer inquiry, and you wish to calculate the sales price, call up sales pricing as follows:

Logistics or Accounting ® Project System ® Financials ® Planning ® Sales Pricing.

The system determines the sales price based on either the planned costs (totals records) or data from Easy Cost Planning.

For more information, see Sales Pricing in for Project Assigned Customer Inquiries.

If you carry out sales pricing for a project you created without a customer inquiry, call up sales pricing in the Project Builder. In this case the system determines the sales price based on the data from Easy Cost Planning only.

For more information, see Sales Pricing in the Project Builder.

))

This extract is from SAP library.

The last paragraph states the same thing about "considering only ECP in cases"

Is there any special point there to be noted which helps to understand the issue.

regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

call up sales pricing in the Project Builder. In this case the system determines the sales price based on the data from Easy Cost Planning only.

It clearly says that if you call the sales pricing in the "project Builder" then it considers only ECP cost. But, we are talking about separate transaction DP82 and we are not calling sales pricing inside Project builder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed.

It was a confusion.

Thanks for the clarification.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Now system is take the only material cost in the network and system take the material (m)cost in the cj40 also that means may be unit cost also working for only the material ,even system not take the other then the material like service costs in the network and in the cj40 also system not take the values B,E,F,S,V,O......Etc

Please tel me what is the configuration problem in the DIP Profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some problem with your source determination in DIP.As Mohamed said in his prevuous posts check out your characteristics which sources the cost to your quotation.

Edited by: ravi kumhar on Jan 5, 2011 6:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi ,

I please find the configration settings in the DIP Profile .

Usage :11-Quotation creation and sales price ,document type 'AP' and check the indicater DI w/ material.

Character :

DIP Profile DI usage Field Name Character. relevant Structuring Material determination No summarization Sequence Set Name Partial sets Single values Upper set From level To level Single value indic.

PS000001 11 KSTAR X X 0 1 99

PS000001 11 MATNR X X X 0 1 99

PS000001 11 OBJNR X X 1 X 1 99

PS000001 11 TWAER X X 0 1 99

PS000001 11 MEINH X X 0 1 99

PS000001 11 WBS_ELE X X 0

1 99

Source : 21-Pland cost-Totel records

Selection criteria :

Cost elements : ofracct_all.glfunct (SET NAME )

Material : 8a-mat-all.glpct (set name)

Please let me any any configration mistake is there .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. ensure that all your plan cost line items are having a Cost Element assignment.

2. Select "Cost Element" as one of the "Characteristics" for your "Source" in DIP Profile.

3. Maintain all your Plan Cost element (as applicable for the Projects) in the "SET" of "Selection Criteria"

4. This ensures your requirement.

5. You can make use of many "CheckBox" features in DIP Profile to furthur fine tune the process as required.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team ,

Finally i got the network costs and in the unit costing values like B,F,E.......values only but i didn't get the values of cost plan values (directly we can maintain for the WBS values ).For that ,is there any special configuration settings in the DIP Profile

or

for the WBS (remaining cost plan )can i go for CJR2 ,Is it right way to go for the wbs cost planning IS there any final impact IN the system ,

If i can maintain the values in the cjr2 it updated in the dp82 . please suggest me

Regards

R.B Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

As I mentioned in my previous thread, make "Cost Element" as your characteristic.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I select cost element as characteristic and set also for cost element in the source criteria ,but still i did 't get the values which is maintain in the cj40.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DP81 -- Sale pricing for project thro Inquiry

In DIP Profile ,

Select usage 2 -- sale pricing & quotation , enter quotation doc type

Select characteristics --- Cost element ( tick char rel , mat det , no summ)

material ( tick char rel )

other required characters

select source -- 021 planned cost total

selection criteria -- cost element ( enter cost element group - all cost elements which are used for planning ( WBS ,

network activity , material planning cost etc )

material determination -- enter the material which you are using in Inquiry , select transfer cost & qty

criteria -

cost element ( enter cost element group - all cost elements which are used for planning ( WBS ,

network activity , material planning cost etc )

Create Inquiry , maintain DIP profile & account assigb WBS Element

check the above & let me know if any issues

thanks

vishwa