cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Capacity plaaning scenario with planning products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO Experts,

I have come across a capacity planning scenario in metal industry.

Suppose the machine is producing sheets of thickness ranging 2mm thickness to 8mm thickness. There are three groups as shown below P, Q, R,

These individual product orders are loaded on Resource: W100

Groups Limited Capacity In Tons Individual products Planning product

Group P: Less than 2 mm 75 a1, a2, a3, a4, a5 P

Group Q: From 2mm to 4 mm 100 b1, b2, b3, b4, b5 Q

Group R: From 4mm to 8mm 325 c1, c2, c3, c4, c5 R

The total sheets produced in one day 500.tons All the groups should be producced on daily basis in the sequence of P,Q,R. Limiting the capacity given above. In SNP planning , I would to limit the capacity based on the basis of planning products.

The planned orders will be coming for Individual products that are a1, a2, a3, a4.

In SNP planning run, the quantity of Individual orders should be sum up at the group level.

For Group P : a1, a2, a3 u2026. Sum up and the quantity should be checked for Capacity of 75 tons order quantity.

For Group Q : b1, b2, b3u2026. Sum up and the quantity should be checked for capacity of 100 tons order quantity.

Like wise for Group R : c1, c2, c3u2026. Sum up and the quantity should be checked for capacity of 300 tons order quantity.

I want to use the planning product concept to model this scenario. P will be the planning product for a1,a2,a3....

Q will be the planning product for b1,b2,b3....

Following master data created : Material master , BOM , routing for individual products. Material master for planning product. Planning product updated in the material master of individual products in MRP view.

Please let me know , your suggestions for use of planning product scenario with capacity check on product group level.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding of your requirement is correct, you want to utilize planning product in your business scenario.

Requirement strategy of Planning product ( strategy 40) is not supported in SNP.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Datta,

Thanks for your answer. But In my problem , I have not stated user of requirement strategy of planning product ( 40).

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

So, you are saying you are unconcerned about consumption of independent demand, and unconcerned about performing ATP against a forecast, which are the main feature of a planning product? You are only interested in how your supply elements and capacity consumption is aggregated/disaggregated? If this is the case, I don't understand why you would wish to use Planning materials. Based on what little you have told us of your requirements, I would think that Product Hierarchies would be more suitable......

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/43/03b0b3dccd22f3e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Edited by: Dogboy49 on Jan 14, 2011 3:52 PM