Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Org assign to Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I would need your help to confirm the following is true or clarify some doubts:

1. I understand that Sales Org (SOrg) is assigned to Plant , thus : Sorg := Plant

2. Does this also Implies : SOrg + Distr Channel := Plant? Not necessary right? For this case, its not true / an invalid assignment right?

3. Plant is assigned to Sales Org + Distr Channel. Is it implicit that the Reverse is true? Is it implicit that Always the reverse is true, in general, for Any other organizational unit assignment relationships?

I believe that Sales Org := Plant and Plant := Sales org + Distr Channel and the reverse of each of both relationships are not true. Please confirm.

4. Sales Org is Assigned to Plant but Plant is not Assigned to Sales Org right? Plant is also higher level in the organizational structure than Sales Org right?

Thanks.

Sincerely

Bass

SD Newbie

Edited by: Bass Aton on Jan 2, 2011 5:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales Organization and Plant are different Organizational elements in an Organizational structure.

Sales Organization is the highest Organizational level in Sales and distribution.

Plant is the highest organizational level in MM and PP. So, there is no question of which one is higher in level. Both Plant and Sales organization are in highest level in their own respective modules.

Sales organization is responsible for processing sales related activities.

Plant is a place where goods are stored and processed.

Even though Sales organization processes all sales related activities, when it comes for delivering the goods it depends on the plant. That is why the need of assigning a plant to sales organization with distribution channel happened.

You have two different distribution channels, say one for local sales and another for internet sale. If you want to move the goods from plant1 for the local sale. Here you can assign the sales org + local sale  plant one. Similarly, you can assign Sales org + internet sale  Plant2.

With kind regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K Bharathi,

Thanks. Actually, the purpose of my questions is to understand the term 'assign'.

When Sale org + Distribution Channel is assigned to Plant.

Does this also implies Plant is assigned to Sales org + Distribution Channel?

Likewise, in SAP course, we know that Sales org is assigned to Plant.

Does this mean Plant is assigned to Sales org?

Is it always the reverse is true ?

To an organization using SAP, must Sales org + distribution channel BE assigned to Plant or is it

it CAN BE assigned to Plant?

Best regards

Bass

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bass,

We are assigning a plant to Sales organization & Distribution channel combination in Assignment of Sales and Distribution. It doesnu2019t mean that we are assigning a Sales organization and Distribution channel to a Plant. Here the Distribution line (Sales org + Distribution channel) is the base; for this base we are assigning a plant. You can assign n number of plant for a single distribution line. You can assign a plant that belongs to a different company code.

A sales organization is not assigned to a plant anywhere directly. A sales organization is assigned to a company code; similarly a plant is assigned to a company. The only relation between the sales organization and the plant is explained in the para above.

If you want to deliver the goods from a plant XXXX for the sales org YYYY, Distribution channel ZZ, the assignment like YYYY/ZZ u2013 XXXX must be there.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K Bharathi

I understand your point, and it is correct as well.

But many places on web link and even in many books as well. , I have seen 1 question i.e.

Explain the relationship between sales organizations and plants. Ans is Many to Many.

Which is not possible. There is no direct link between Plant and Sales Org. If we refer to Ent. Structure assignment

so my question to you is "What will be my reply , if someone ask me the relation between plant and sales organization?"

as I know, plant can only assign with dist. line (i.e. Sales Org+ Dist. Channel).

I am confuse that what to reply. Pls help me out.

regards

avinash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this will help you

How to Configure a New Plant in SAP?

Plant 0001 is the SAP defaults provide for your reference.

OX14 - Define Valuation Area (Tick one only- Once your system go live, no more changes) Most company take the SAP recommended choice - Value Material Stock at Plant level Value Material Stock at Plant or Company Level If you valuate material stocks at plant level, the plant is the valuation area. If you valuate material stocks at company code level, the company code is the valuation area. The decision you make applies to the whole client.

OX10 - Create / Change / View Plants

OVXB - Create / Change / View Division

OX18 - Assign Plant to company code e.g. 0001 - 0001 - All Plants Px1 - Plant Px1 Px2 u2013 Plant Px2

OX19 - Assignment of company code to the Controlling Area

OB38 - Assign company code to Credit Control Area

OMJ7 - Assign business area to Plant/Valuation area and division e.g. Plant Px1 - Business Area Bx1 Bx2 Assign Valuation area to the Business Area .e.g. Valuation area Vx1 - Business Area Bx1 Business Area Bx2

OMS0 - Assign Factory Calendar to the Plant and Business Area The plant plays an important role in the following areas: If you want to create by copying from existing plant: 1. Copy existing plant A to new plant B. All of plant Au2019s data in throughout the IMG will be created/copied for plant B. In some cases with plant A data that is not desired. In step 3 you must go through and correct invalid entries 2. Correct address information 3. Correct data copied to plant B as plant A (a) In Sales and Distribution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Assign Picking Locations (OVL3), delete entry where Shipping Point = plant A and Plant = plant B and press save. (b) In Sales and Distribution -> Shipping -> Basic Shipping Functions -> Shipping Point Determination -> Assign shipping points u2013 wherever plant B is found the shipping point is plant A. This must be changed to plant B. (c) In Enterprise Structure -> Maintain Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Assign shipping point to plant u2013 delete plant B shipping point from the plant A assignment. (d) In Enterprise Structure -> Maintain Structure -> Definition -> Sales and Distribution -> Define, copy, delete, check shipping point u2013 copy shipping point plant A to shipping point plant B. Correct the description in the define section of this node. (e) In Sales and Distribution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Assign Picking Locations (OVL3), copy plant A entry to plant B entry, changing all data to plant B. (f) Check with Reorder buying group to determine MRP controllers for new plant. Remove plant A MRP controllers from plant B, and add controllers received from reorder buying group. IMG is Materials Management -> Consumption Based Planning -> Master Data -> Define MRP controllers (g) Define special procurement. IMG is Materials Management -> Consumption Based Planning -> Master Data -> Define special procurement type. (h) OMGN u2013 Assign customer in u201CSet up stock transport order u2013 [Plant]u201D. OMGN u2013 in u201CSet up stock transport order u2013 [Purchasing Document type]u201D; an entry was created for source plant B and plant A, this entry should have a UB order type and the check box should be off. Each plant needs a plant B UB entry created. (j) OMJ3 u2013 Delete incorrect entry in print parameters. Remove entry where plant = plant B & storage location = plant A. Create entry for plant B storage location B (k) Verify entry for new plant exists in OVLT picking output (l) Verify entry for new plant is correct in VP01 4. Manual configuration (a) Create plant customer number and assign to plant in OMGN. (b) OMJ3 u2013 set correct printer for plant B (c) OPK8 u2013 Set printer for plant for list LG01. This is for production orders. (d) Output determination OVLT (set printer), In addition to above, other changes based on customization in your installation needs to be done as well. Plants Definition : /NSPRO-IMG-Enterprise Structure-Definition-Logistic General-Define,copy,delete,check plant-Define Plant (In this, we are defining plants(s) under company which is defined earlier) /NSPRO-IMG-Enterprise Structure-Definition-Logistic General-Define,copy,delete,check plant- copy,delete,check plant-F6 to copy org. object from plant 0001 to defined plant(s). Storage Location : /NSPRO-IMG-Enterprise Structure-Definition-Materials Management-Maintain Storage Location-New Entries (Define required storage location(s) under different plant(s) ) /NSPRO-IMG-Enterprise Structure-Definition-Materials Management-Maintain Storage Location-Storage Location Description---- New Entries ( enter here addresses of each plants)

Thanks

Anil Hooda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bass

1.a. both are different but an important organisational units in different modules which has their role to play and responsibilities to accomplish.

2.a. this implies as a sales line & in particular plays an important role in STO's.

3. a plant is assigned to sales orgn and distribution channel & reverse is not true. No sales organisationn is different and plant is different as explained on the above.

4.a.both have equal importance here one is not higher nad one is not lower when it comes to enterprise structure or organisation structure point of view.

hope this clears your issue

balajia

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I understand that Sales Org (SOrg) is assigned to Plant , thus : Sorg := Plant

Plant is assigned to the combination of sales org+distribution channel. Plant and sales org are two different organization unit, so Sorg is NOT equal to plant.

2. Does this also Implies : SOrg + Distr Channel := Plant? Not necessary right? For this case, its not true / an invalid assignment right?

If you check the configuration, this assignment is correct. You can refer this thread on Why this has been assigned at http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1858840&tstart=0

3. Plant is assigned to Sales Org + Distr Channel. Is it implicit that the Reverse is true? Is it implicit that Always the reverse is true, in general, for Any other organizational unit assignment relationships?

Reverse is NOT true as Plant need not be assigned to sales org+distribution channel. For example a Plant where products are only manufactured, but not delivered from. This applies not only to Plant but also to other organization units depending on the level of the organizational unit.

I believe that Sales Org := Plant and Plant := Sales org + Distr Channel and the reverse of each of both relationships are not true. Please confirm.

From the above explanation, you can understand the details for this statement.

4. Sales Org is Assigned to Plant but Plant is not Assigned to Sales Org right? Plant is also higher level in the organizational structure than Sales Org right?

You can't compare Plant and Sales org for levels. Plant is an organizational unit used by different moduels like production, materials management, quality, sales etc. Both Sales organization and plant are assigned to company codes.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

Just to add, by ' := " , it is to denote " is Assigned to " .

Thanks.

Bass