Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material creation process in SRM-MDM

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to SRM. Please correct me about material creation procedure in SRM if I am wrong:

Normally in classic/extended classic scenario, material first created in MM and then it replicated to SRM. Base on configuration setting for number range, system either create the product ID same as material number number in SRM when it replicated into SRM. In final steps, the product information will upload into MDM either XI integration or manually via excel upload.

My question:

+ Is it possible to automatic create product without XI via T.Code - MDMGX in MDM.

+ If the replicated product ID of SRM is different then MM material number, which number we should consider for creating product

MDM.

Thanks in advance.

BR

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Answer1) You can only replicate Product Groups, Currencies and Unit of Measures through t-code MDMGX. XI/PI is required for Contract and Product Catalogs.

Answer 2) If the replicated product ID of SRM is different then MM material number, you should enter MM material number and in External Web Service Configuration for that internal catalog, uncheck "Do not check Product" indicator so that SRM will not check the Product ID and when item goes to backend system, it will have correct MM material number.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Your answer really helpful.

Given full points

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Can some one clarify for the above doubt.

Thanks,

Jennifer