cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menus regenerating after OS and kernel upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We just upgraded to V5R4 on our dev/QA system and also upgraded the 6.40 kernels from patch level 68 to 137. Systems running these kernels get a user interface missing error the first time a transaction is run. Once you click on the error, the gui status is regenerated and the error doesn't happen again. We not sure if it was the OS or kernel upgrade that triggered the problem. We need a way to do a mass regeneration of the gui statuses so this problem doesn't occur in production. I've included the message details below.

Status 1100 of the user interface RSENQRR2 missing

Message no. 00264

Diagnosis

The specified GUI status either does not exist or was not generated.

Procedure

Use the Menu Painter to check whether the status required actually

exists. If it does, then generate the interface RSENQRR2 (using the

Menu Painter).

Regards,

Stan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

It is related to the kernel. We just upgraded the kernel from 103 to 137 on V5R3, and got the same issue.

Basically the very first time a transaction was called, a message saying something like "Status xxxxxxx of the user interface yyyyyyyy missing". After "enter", everything is fine.

It would be preferred that the new kernel doesn't require regenerating all the GUI status...

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the info. I take it that you didn't find a way to do a mass regeneration.

Regards,

Stan

0 Kudos

Hi Stan,

I am not hundred percent sure. But if these are outdated dynpro loads, transaction SGEN should do the job.

Read the according documentation before using SGEN, though! Starting point might be <a href="http://help.sap.com/">SAP help portal</a> or SAP note 481548

HTH,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

that would be really new to me !

As I know, the SGEN stuff only generates ABAP Loads. Dynpro Loads are not that ressource intensive and I guess therefore there is no real tool available.

For this error, it seems me to be a thing, that the new kernel needs new compiled Dynp-Loads and unfortunately behaves this way.

Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Mr. Albert Israel, ex-Platinum Consultant of SAP America and SAP development manager at Plastipak now, used LSMW to mass generate the GUI statuses after the kernel upgrade. (The same procedure was used to fix the GUI status issue because of DBCLOB not fully synchronized between production and backup servers.) But we still got the message afterwards.

As the message contains a piece of information which end users don't understand, could it just be commented out?

Thank you,

Victor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this same problem applying patch 137. SAP told us 137 has a bug and it is now fixed in 138. After applying 138, we no longer had this problem.

Regards,

Philip Stracener

CV Industries