cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to clear the input fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I click on search button, I get the search result, but along with those results, I see some input fields automatically assigned the values in the search input, which should not be.

values are assigned to these fields because of controller context field values, once the values are populated these values are assigned everywhere where istle feild referring to.

How to keep the user input without changes?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Your question is not completely clear.

If you do not want InputField to show values of some attributes from model node, just bind them to another attributes from regular node.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to reuse fields in component controller which are mapped to three different veiws in a viewset.

If I map the component controller fields, and reuse these fields in three different views, then when the value of the fields is changed at context in component controller, in all 3 views the changed value is dfisplayed, which I dont want.

so question is:-

shoudl I maintain different fields for all three views?or should I not map the values to component controller?

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

You set contradictory requirements: on one hand you have mapping, where values are always synchronized; on other hand you whant them to be unique.

Just break your existing mappings.

1. Create separate attributes in view context(s) if you do not need to access them in component controller or you do not need to be synchronized between views.

2. Create unique set of attributes in component controller for combination of attributes that really must be synchronized. Then map view context attributes accordingly.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS,

yeah.. right.. I am breaking it in that way only.

Actually i will need the values from one veiw to be accessed in component controlller.

What I am planing is that.. I will retrieve view context attribute values in view controller and pass it them as a method parameter to component controller.

I dont want to synchronize the values from one view to another view.

But.. I want to use the atributes of view context into the component context.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I dont want to synchronize the values from one view to another view.</i>

But you don`t need it explicitly! Just map context from component controller to all views that need the same data and synchronization will be made transparent for you.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, correct!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you solve this problem? how did you do it?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Are you using Adaptive RFC model? Set context attributes to null or to empty string after model execution.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

I am using Java, not RFC model.

Thanks for the reply!

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyway, set appropiate attributes to null or empty string just after execution of search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I will check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naveen,

make the last statement in search as below:

wdContext.current<context element>.set<ur attribute name>(null);

hope this helps..

regards

-