Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the user password from another client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Wishes you all the Happy New Year!!!!

We are facing issue regarding users got expired in 000 client.Is there is any Tcode or FM to extend its validiity from production client(Ex : 400) itself?Because we didnt want to to restart the system(for SAP* Id creation)

Can we try Update command at OS Level(to update GLTGB as 20111231)?Is this will give us the proper solution without restart?

Regards,

Karthika

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member

Hi,

Wish you too a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

You can use BAPI_USER_CHANGE to change user's validity via a RFC connection (where valid System User name and Password is saved in the RFC).

Put following inputs to the import parameter:

USERNAME--> The user ID in target system

LOGONDATA--> Put the value for new Valid to (GLTGB) date

LOGONDATAX--> Put 'X' for Second G field (Fields displayed are like G G U C A T L B C where you can specify X for modifying the field)

Enter the RFC name in field 'RFC target sys' and execute to change the User's validity in target system. Additionally you can also change initial password of User ID via this BAPI if required.

Hope this helps

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi

Just what I was looking for as my DEV expired 31.12.2010 ;-( but I can't find that one in my 4.6C unfortunately.

Edited by: David Berry on Jan 1, 2011 4:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because we didnt want to to restart the system(for SAP* Id creation)

You don't require a restart of the system to create SAP* user ID. What exactly you mean here? SAP* user ID can't be deleted. If you delete the existing ID, the SAP* user in the code will be activated. Since you mentioned that the ID is expired, you may login as DDIC or any other super user to extend the validity.

Can we try Update command at OS Level(to update GLTGB as 20111231)?Is this will give us the proper solution without restart?

This is not recommended. Your auditors may question on updating the ID from the OS level.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

If you delete the existing ID, the SAP* user in the code will be activated.

That depends on a parameter setting which does require a restart if it needs to be changed.