cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed for creating 1 invoice for 2 different material types.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Gurus

I really need help here I have spent 3 days cracking my head trying to solve the problem. Problem is client was creating invoice with reference to order and while invoice was being made it would cause an invoice split. The materials involved are Trading Good and Service Material. They would like only 1 invoice. Note nothing was different except material group and item cat. of the material. payment terms billing dates partners everything is same.

Current item config for Trading Good material is ZMPI-project item cat.

Copying requirements 023 Item ord.ref. w/o AZ Billing quantity A

Data VBRK/VBRP 000 Pos./neg. quantity +

Pricing type K

PricingExchRate type

Price source

Current item config for service Material is TAD-Service

Copying requirements 002 Item/order-related Billing quantity A

Data VBRK/VBRP 001 Inv.split (sample) Pos./neg. quantity +

Pricing type G

PricingExchRate type

Price source

I was told to change Data VBRK/VBRP to 003 One Invoice which I did in both of these item cat. and yes they worked perfectly but at time of creating the invoice for service material the qty that showed was 11. Note: In sales order it is 1 qty. So I went back into the config of item cat TAD and changed copying requirement to 023 instead of 002 but nothing changed. Seems a qty of 10 is referencing something else which I have no idea what or where it is picking this up from. Just to see or test things I went into the sales order and tried changing the service material qty then a weird popup appears and says service order 12344456 has been blocked. (Seriously I have no idea why this would happen or should be existing at all.) Even if for some reason it is being referenced the service order that is existing is qty 1.

I really really do need help and if someone can help me that would be god sent.

Regards, Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You did not mention what value is maintained in the field billing quantity in the copy control->Item settings. Check for the service item, what value is assigned. Put value A and re-test.

Note that whenever you change any settings in configuration side, you need to create a new documents to test the results of the settings. You should not use the existing documents.

When you say the document is blocked, then check the status of the sales order to find the reason for blocking (like credit block, approval etc)..

Regards,

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Edited by: Muhammad Ali Lozada on Jan 1, 2011 4:48 AM

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry net problem.

Edited by: Muhammad Ali Lozada on Jan 1, 2011 3:01 AM

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Shiva

The billing quantity A was mentioned above if you look carefull

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The previous config that i have done with the 003 one invoice worked perfectly. I created an entire new sales order and invoice and it worked wonderfully. (only problem is even i have assigned reason for rejection to try and make the order complete but it wont change because I did not create the billing document again.) Is there any bypass for this? As previously I have said that there is a long trail of created and canceled billing documents. All invoices are canceled. Thanks Shiva for reminding me of re-creating the order pts awarded.

Edited by: Muhammad Ali Lozada on Jan 1, 2011 4:49 AM