cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Description not getting changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In the sales order, we have changed the Description of the material. It is not changed in the Material Master.

But the changes are not reflected in the Invoice.

As per my assumption, material description will be copied from the Sales order even if it is different from the Material Master.

Kindly advice if my assumption is wrong.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material description will be copied from the Sales order to invoice , even if it is different from the Material Master, but the invoice output may be fetching the description from Material master, check with your ABAPer.

Regards

Chandrasekhar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pick material description from VBRP-ARKTX into invoice print.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

While printing invoice, it will take material number from VBRP table and Description from Material master.

If you want the description from Sales order then you need to change your smartform with the help of ABAPer to get description from VBAP - ARKTX

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But the changes are not reflected in the Invoice.

Can you clarify above whether it is invoice document or in invoice print ?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When material short text is changed in the sales document, it will reflect in billing document (VF02).

When you mention as not reflected in invoice means, I assume you are talking about print document. If that is the case, then you need to check the print program. Change the current coding to pull the text from VBRP-ARKTX field for correct description.

Regard,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva Ram,

Problem with the invoice only, not in the invoice print.

Could you please suggest what could be the issue.

I thought, it is taking sometime to update the changes in the server.

Kindly let me know if it is due to some other issues.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja,

material description is stored in MARA - MAKTX.

no if you change in sales order description at transaction level it will not change in MMR or in invoice.

in your smart form it might have written as or to take MARA-MAKTX basing on that only it triggers in invoice not at sales order level material description.

if you have in smart form that inspite of MARA - MAKTX to take sales order table and field it might have taken your sales order description into consideration.

happy new year - 2011.

balajia